Ian Postles
After a break for the centenary year Area 20 (Devon & Cornwall) is returning to their foreign adventures.  Having successfully visited the Circuits des Remparts for the historical car racing festival and then followed that up by the Aston Asturias Adventure we are now planning to visit Tuscany. 

Thanks to the sterling efforts of one of our Members, David Arnold, we look to have the makings of a fabulous trip which I think has all the constituents to have something of interest for everyone.  There will be the fascination of the train trip down on the autoslaap from Den Bosch to Livorno, three lovely days visiting the beautiful cities of Tuscany, a trip into Tuscany's wine country for a tasting, driving through alpine passes on the return trip, visiting the Mille Mille and Schlumpf Museums, and a even a boat trip out on Lake Iseo. 

The cost of the tour is £1,779pp based on two in a car sharing a twin/double room.  More detailed information of what is included within the price is in the flyer.

I hope this gives a feel for some of the things we have planned and we have put together a flyer for the tour which is being organised by Thomas Brimblecombe of Classic Grand Touring.  They did an excellent job for us on the two previous tours we organised and we are delighted to be working with them again.  If you would like to know more about the tour please either contact me via the forum or email me at postlesie@btinternet.com and I will send you a copy of the flyer.

We have decided initially to go for an unaccompanied tour to keep costs to a minimum but because of this the number of places available is limited to 10 cars.  The flyer was sent out to the Area distribution list at the end of last week and I am pleased to say there has been strong interest already - so, if you are interested in the tour I think you will need to make  your interest known quickly to make sure places are available.

Our sincere thanks to David for taking on the organisation of the tour and for putting together such a great itinerary for us.

If past tours we have held are anything to go by one thing is for sure - it will be fun!
Quote 0 0