Tom Maguire
Dear Aston Martin Owners Club and members,

I hope that you might be able to help me.

First of all, I hope that it is OK for me to post this thread!

My name is Thomas Maguire and I am writing from an independent TV company called Daisybeck Productions where we are about to start shooting the third series of an ITV4 programme called Used Car Roadshow. Within the show we are hoping to feature an Aston Martin DB7 coupe from around 1992-94, and I thought I might be able to raise a little interest through your website and/or members' list. We are doing an item that will be examining the effects of depreciation on different cars and our presenter wants to illustrate his point visually with a nice example of a DB7 coupe.

For the purposes of the show we will only be shooting it in a static set-up either in our studio or on location, i.e. we will not need to drive it around anywhere.

Is this something that you think you can help us with? If it is, you can contact me directly on the details below.

Many thanks for your time and I hope that we hear from you soon.

Regards,

Thomas Maguire
Researcher
Email: tom.maguire@daisybeck.tv
T: 0113 262 3342 F: 0113 262 3798

Daisybeck Productions
Elite Television House, 248 Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 2HZ
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Dear Mr. Maguire, Researcher. 

You'll need to do a little more research on those 1992-94 DB7 coupes.  This will be a good place for you to start  http://www.astonmartins.com/db7/db7.htm

I'm particularly keen on the 1992 DB7 and would be interested in offering serious money if you come across one for sale.
Quote 0 0
Tom Maguire
Dear WolfVaB,

My mistake! I was looking at the dates/years for one car we are trying to source while writing the above request - egg on my face!

Couldn't find that '92 DB7 but did find an '89 DB9 if you're interested? lol

FYI - I have managed to source a nice example of an early (Jan) 1995 DB7, and the owner has very kindly agreed to bring it along to our studios on the 25th March. So, I'd like to thanks anyone and everyone who got back to me with responses and/or corrections and advice.

Many thanks,

Thomas Maguire
Used Car Roadshow Production Team
Quote 0 0
philmw
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Tom, good luck with your shoot.  If you need a nice LHD model and are willing to pay the freight to the UK, PM me 

There's a particularly shiny 1995 coupe known to us  , if you've managed to get that particular car, you've landed a fine example.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
So Tom don't slag it off cos it's gone from £80.000 to £25,000 in 10 years and will eventually go back to £80,000 and beyond!
Quote 0 0
jockpercy
Yeah, don't let WolfVaB's comments sway your production values. The DB7 is awesome - do it proud.
Quote 0 0
RickH
The same company used my DB7 last year;

A great day out, and interesting to see how they shoot a TV programme
Quote 0 0
Tim M
VERY nice Aston but keep an eye on that dodgy pair giving it the once over!
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
Presume they are doing a piece on how colour can affect depreciation ;D
Quote 0 0
RickH
Yes - they said blue and silver hold their value well, but red and green, well  ..... 
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
;D
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Is that red on the outside and green trim or vice versa----both sound pretty horrible together!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Rick wrote:

Yes - they said blue and silver hold their value well, but red and green, well  .....  

that won't please Astonchap he's just bought a red one!
Quote 0 0
RickH
Lord Brett Sinclair wrote:

Rick wrote:

that won't please Astonchap he's just bought a red one!

No - Astonchap has just bought a very rare brown one! 
Quote 0 0