mcatlin
Hi everyone! I have not heard from AM about us being able to meet at the factory and perhaps have a tour around it so we will continue with plan A.

A room has been booked at the National Motor Museum in Coventry for July 21st. We will park in the staff car park as there will be no liability issues if we do and the car park is more secure than the public ones.

As last year'sformat proved popular I am happy to repeat it. We will meet between ten and ten thirty at the museum adjourn to our private room and discuss the cars etc. I hope Andy Chapman will be able to attend and I may ask him, if people want it to happen, some sort of formal seminar - perhaps for an hour or so either side of lunch, if there are specific areas of the cars people want answers to. If this is popular then I will fax Andy and ask if he is happy to do this.

Lunch will be an hour or so and time will be allocated to look around the exhibits in the museum.

I would be grateful if those hoping to attend can let me know, on or off line, asap.

Many thanks,

Martin
Quote 0 0
pthwaite
Well my Lord,
I shall trundle up in my car again. Quite looking forward to it. If Andy is willing any sort of Seminar from him would be worth a listen and would have my vote.

Is there any directions to the Staff Car park available?

Howard
Quote 0 0
williamp
Great! Mine might be ready by then...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It will be good to see you both. I hope car is ready Will, unfortunately I will be travelling in something more humble than an Aston!

Directions to the museum will be posted nearer the time and I believe, but will confirm, that the staff car park is readily identifiable on arrival.Directions to the museum are also available on the website, http://www.transport-musum.com. Last year the Heritage museum put up signs to lead people in i will suggest Coventry do the same if the car park isn't obvious. You need a pass to get in but as i will be the first to arrive I assume I will be given one to let everyone in.

I will inquire about Andy's availability and willingness to discuss all things Aston V8. Anyone else coming?
Quote 0 0
pbrett
I am hoping to be there unless car blows up on way to or from Le Mans, and Andy Chapmans presence will be good!!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Hope car lasts as you'll be more than welcome. Does anyone have AC's fax number as I've forgotten to bring it to work today to ask about his availability etc?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Any one else thinking of coming as I need at least ten cars to justify the use of the staff car park. it is important I know who is coming as soon as possiblr because if I have to cancel i only have a few weeks left to do so.
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Hi Martin,

I will be there.
Looking forward to it.

Adrian
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks Adrian. Hope car is fit and well.
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
Sorry, I won't be able to make it.

The car is currently undergoing an engine rebuild and is unlikely to be ready. 

Plus, it's only a couple of days before our baby is due so I'll need to stay close to home!

Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Andy Chapman is coming to Cottesmore as my personal guest. He used to look after both my cars 1962-1964 at the works demo pool

His fax number is in every AM News and should be on the website somewhere!

regards
Quote 0 0
Webby
It is our policy not to put telephone, fax numbers or email addresses on the club site, for security reasons.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
When I asked for Andy's fax number I thought someone might PM me it so it didn't become public. I realise it's in the news sheet but I keep forgetting to bring it to work where the fax machine is!! I will try and remember tomorrow. If more people don't say they are coming soon it could all be academic as I need more numbers. Thanks both.

EDIT: I did try to find Andy's details as a member but failed miserably!
Quote 0 0
vanquish spirit
I really hope I can make this having missed last years.  How many do you hope to get along and how many were there last year?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I was hoping to top the dozen or so cars we had last year and about twenty five people. It would be great to see you there and bring as many people as you can!

It was very informal last year and it appears to be that people want the same this year, I have organised a room in case of bad weather.

I will get in touch with AC presently I promise as last year he was beseiged with people wanting to know abiout the cars and I think that part of the day could be done in a more formal manner so more people get the benefit of the day.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Hopefully five so far. Anybody else contemplating coming?
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Martin,

Have you tried emailing all the attendees from last year?

Adrian
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
and contacting owners in the members' list, dare I say it, by post/phone/pigeon?

Roger I
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
they are excellent ideas which I will look at at the weekend. Thanks very much.
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Will you allow my humble Vantage entry to your get together?

RC
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It is supposed to be exclusively for four headlamp model DBS V8s, as it was last year, but if not enough people can come I have no problem opening it up.
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
I am left speechless with the content of your answer Martin.
Quote 0 0
williamp
well, it is a "DBS V8" meet.

Is it any different to the DB7 meet? The lagonda meet at the factory? Or last years vantage only parade around Silverstone? or this years "James bond cars only" meet at Silverstone?

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Martin

If you get a Lagonda, you can come to the Lagonda meeting at NP in August instead.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Webby
Would one be able to turn up in a Ferrari Dino, sporting a quiff, I wonder? I'd wager LBS could be persuaded.
Quote 0 0