Visits are available to AMOC members.

Contact Marc Aylott for further details: 01865 893931

[/td]
                [/tr]
[/table]
Quote 0 0
jonc
Yes, I mentioned this to my wife today and the summary of her rant was:

Why are there no dates in the school holidays? This is typical of AMOC events. Is it that most AMOC members are old gits with no children to look after?

Please direct all flames at her..
Quote 0 0
Webby
Actually the dates are set by AML. I would guess that setting dates during school holidays would be challenging as that is naturally when AML staff wish to take their holidays. Also note that the age limit for factory visits is 16 and above.
Quote 0 0
michaelniwot
Shame they can't organize one around the time of the Auction and Concours in May, as a number of people, myself being one, are in the UK for those events and would probably like to do a tour.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Jonc, if you live in Stockport you can be down to Gaydon and back whilst your children are at day-school, can't you?
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Well, I would like to take my 16yo son, who is still in secondary education.
Quote 0 0
Russell
Yes i agree, i would like to take young children as well, but i have been told i must stop doing that.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Russell wrote:

Yes i agree, i would like to take young children as well, but i have been told i must stop doing that.

Was that you in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
Paul
Quote 0 0
Downr
its a shame they limit it to over 16s - i would have thought it would be a good chance to create a new generation of people who dream of owning an aston martin if they allowed them in slightly younger

guess my son will just have to wait another 9 years
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I dont think it has said anywhere that it is limited to over 16. Just that it is on a school day.
Your kid could always have a headache!
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Webby
duncan_wd wrote:
I dont think it has said anywhere that it is limited to over 16.

It says so in my second post, as advised by AML. Not sure why, health and safety perhaps?
Quote 0 0
Russell
yes ironic isnt it, over here they wont allow under 16's to visit a factory in case they get in the way of the staff yet if you go to china or korea they are the staff.
Child labour, bring it back i say. Give the paper rounds in the winter to the elderly, that will save on pension payouts in time.
hurrumph !
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Russell wrote:

Give the paper rounds in the winter to the elderly, that will save on pension payouts in time.
hurrumph !

Piss off--I did my stint of paper rounds (about 10 shillings a week--50p) in the 60s and I'm not starting now in my 60s!!
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Yes Tim so did I, that's why I'm always wide awake at four in the morning!
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
jonc
nmv2and3 wrote:

Jonc, if you live in Stockport you can be down to Gaydon and back whilst your children are at day-school, can't you?

Two reasons:

Firstly, logistically there is not enough time left in the day to deal with the school runs and a trip out.

But mainly, to get Helen to endure a factory tour will require a night at a nearby posh hotel with fine dining.. without the children.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I reckon it's better to do these sort of things on your own 

p.s. I've e-mailed Marc to find out how we get our names on the list but no reply yet. Anyone know?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Ray_Elliott
I believe its Johnny Dallow at AMOC, thats who i arranged my last visit with  :-) and very good it was too, car park gets a bit crowded though!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Rich5ltr wrote:

I reckon it's better to do these sort of things on your own

p.s. I've e-mailed Marc to find out how we get our names on the list but no reply yet. Anyone know?

That's all you need do - ask for a place, with a preferred date. Tell him if it's complicated and once booked cannot be altered.
He'll attend to it.
He's doing the Prize giving lunch at present.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
John Purser wrote:

That's all you need do - ask for a place, with a preferred date.
All sorted with Marc, thanks John...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0