Gazebo Jane
Having  returned from an amazing long weekend at the beginning of October, sponsored by Octane Magazine and EFG  , to the Hotel de France situated just south of Le Mans ( check out the write-up in this month's Octane magazine), I feel it is such a shame that we, as a Club,  haven’t yet been to the Hotel de France en masse and it’s high time we saw a line up of Aston Martins of all ages outside this fabulous hotel, after all, we have such a connection with its history and the racing at Le Mans. This short tour was advertised in the Social section of AMN by mistake but it is not being organised by SoCom  but , as I  organised a successful tour to Ireland for the Club last year , I simply thought it would be fun to gather a group of  like-minded Members in their Aston Martins to enjoy a weekend of great driving, Le Mans, good food and French wine!

Martin, the English owner of the hotel, will be our host with his infectious enthusiasm for fast cars (he has several beauties) and a great sense of fun. Thomas, the second generation of Classic Grand Touring and who organised the Octane Tour, will be our knowledgeable tour manager to see that we get to the right places at the right time. All the front of house staff speak excellent English though the hotel retains its very French feel, being in the centre of the picturesque village. We can sip coffee (!) outside the hotel and watch the locals going to the boulangerie across the square.

The tour will be limited to just 15 cars  with overnight crossing from Portsmouth to St Malo then stopping off at the amazing private car collection at Loheac plus we get to blow the cobwebs out of the engines with some private time on their racing track. We will go into the beautiful Plantagenet city of Le Mans, visit the 24hr museum of course and  -TBC -hopefully drive the Le Mans circuit and have a photo taken under the famous Dunlop bridge.
The hotel , where we will stay for 3 nights, has recently been very tastefully refurbished but it is quite small so rooms will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis. There is much more planned for this trip but not enough space here.

All enquiries to me, Jane Nicholls
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
there are a couple of places left on this tour so if you're interested please contact me at janenicholls2@aol.com
Quote 0 0