mcatlin
On the old forum (RIP) there was a long thread about getting together for a clay pigeon shoot. Can I ask, on this new forum (God bless her), what progress has been made and also if you are eligible to attend if you don't own an Aston yet? Martin
Quote 0 0
RickH
Martin, and all other readers,

For my sins I am the AMOC Social Committee member (selected out of a cast of one) tasked to organise said event.  I am in negotiations to arrange a rather good shooting day, with optional dinner and overnight stay, probably in October.

I hadn't put anything up on the new forum yet as there really wasn't anything extra to report on.

However, rest assured it will for all AMOC members with or without Aston car, and will be for all standards of shooting skill.

I will provide information to the forum, and the new calendar, as soon as I have any information.

Rick
(The Official ‘Social Committee Forum Rep’!)
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Rick, not some typical AMOC meggabucks event please.  Last year was a simple turn up (in Aston) and shoot then a convivial drink, lunch and chat then off home.  Very satisfactory.
Quote 0 0
RickH
My aim is to present to the membership two basic options:

Turn up Saturday am, bit of tuition, bit of a (low-key) competition (exact form TBD), lunch (I would like to arrange awards for best team, best individual, wooden spoon, etc), have a chat, go home.

As above, but then retire to top hotel (could provide other option if there is demand), couple of drinkies, minibus to nice restaurant, leisurely evening, minibus back to hotel, bar, crash out.  Sunday morning get up brisk jog, an hour in the gym, communal polishing of Astons, depart (Or, optionally, crawl out of bed late, drive home steadily).

Aim will be to keep Option 1 to as modest as we can get away with, with Option 2 being available to those who wish to make it more of a weekend event.

I would hope that as many people as possible will join in on what promises to be a great event, whichever option you choose.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Rick, thanks for that and I'm sure you'll do a sterling job. Both options seem good to me and I look forward to it very much. I would be grateful for as much notice about the date as possible. Thanks again Martin
Quote 0 0