si1100
Over the weekend of the 12th – 13th May my friend and I took our respective cars to this classic and sports car event. Robin in his Mercedes 300 SL and myself in the DB9, both with our respected other halves. Our attendance was arranged via Continental Car Tours; the Saint Vincent Hostellerie was somewhat basic but was close to the town and catered for our needs, and those of the other classic car owners staying at the hotel.

Laon is set in the Picardy region of France and runs this event each year, 2012 being the 21st anniversary. A regional tour or road rally of some 80 miles was arranged for the Saturday and a closed run through the streets of Laon on the Sunday. On one of the laps I was followed by the blue flashing lights of the local Gendarmerie! The event drew over 600 cars, although only four of which were Astons. These were Derek in his DB6 Volante, Mike and Jenny in a DB7 i6, Adrian and Kim in a Vantage and my own DB9.
I have included some pictures of the weekend, which I would recommend to other Aston Martin owners.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Thanks for the report and pics.
Quote 0 0
SimpleMan
Thanks !
That could be a nice event to participated with the AMOC France, let's think of it for next year.
Quote 0 0