Anne
Information about the weekend is here: https://www.amoc.org/events/concours-weekend

Please ring HQ to book your places on 01865 400 400.

Area 9 (Lancashire, Cheshire & Cumbria) and Area 6 (Yorkshire) have helped with organising the weekend, particularly the barbecue on Friday and the Drive/Lunch on Saturday. Hoghton Tower looks like an amazing place, just perfect for our Concours.  Dinner in the Banqueting Hall, on Saturday evening, will be lounge suits/cocktail dresses as we have been requested to make the Autumn dinner  less formal.

Below is a summary of each event:

On Friday evening, our welcome to Lancashire barbecue will be hosted at the charming Astley Bank Hotel in Darwen.  Winner of the Lancashire Life award for Hotel of the Year, it will provide a inviting setting for meeting with friends.

On Saturday, there could be no better way of enjoying a drive in an Aston Martin than taking the open roads through the 'Trough of Bowland'  Once a dense forest, the now largely treeless valley, provides the perfect backdrop of beauty for driving the seamless winding roads.

Stopping at the The Three Fishes Inn in the Ribble Valley, you can enjoy local food, award winning wine and cask ales before your return to the Astley Bank Hotel.

Our Concours Dinner will be held in the banqueting hall of Hoghton Tower, once frequented by King James I.  Impressed by the quality of the local loin of beef, he knighted the meat, giving it the grand title of 'Sir-Loin'.  We begin with a glass of complimentary Taittinger Champagne on arrival, followed by a 3-course dinner with wine, where we will 'Host the Roast'.

The Concours on Sunday is open to both entrants and spectators.

It would be great to see you there.

Anne

Quote 0 0
GillianF
Anyone going this weekend?

Quote 0 0
Anne
We'll be there from Saturday lunchtime.  Looking forward to it.

Anne
Quote 0 0
GillianF
Anne wrote:
We'll be there from Saturday lunchtime.  Looking forward to it.

Anne

We are booked in for the dinner. Hope the weather forecast improves!

See you there.

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Weather ?
It’s OOP NAWFF, Gillian, what do you expect ?

AMR brolly, galloshers and a cover for your whippet and you’ll be fine.

‘Er Ladyship & I are booked into the Astley Bank, Darwen, from Thurs night. See you at the bar or Barbee on Fri.🥂

AND Tweety Pie is entered into Concours.🤣🤣🤣🤣

AFTER, the Drive Out.🤣🤣🤣🤣....In the rain.🤣🤣🤣🤣.
And MUD and leaves.🤣🤣🤣🤣
And 300 miles from home.
Much like Cornwall last year.😳
Better bring our Marigolds.👍

“In other news”.....temperatures down sarff, remain at 25C! 😎
Quote 0 0
GillianF

Well I'm originally from Ooop North cock so I know all about the weather but leavin Whippets whom in Somerset to avoid dog hairs in our entry[smile]

First event of the weekend for us will be the dinner on Saturday night we will probably turn up covered in grime after cleaning the DB6 wheels for five hours.

See you there.  Gillian
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Aye, Lass. 👍
Quote 1 0
Ian Postles
A drive through the Trough of Bowland. Used to live not that far away and visited many times - yet to see it dry 😉 take your brollies 🤣. Wish we could join you but only get back from our tour of Spain on Thursday. Weather has been superb, roads superb and tunnels superb 😬
Quote 0 0
GillianF
Yes seen your travels on FB - looks like a great time we must discuss at some point.  Save travels home.  G
Quote 0 0
XXJ
Living in the Forest of Bowland I can confirm that it does rain a lot round here -- in fact looking out of the window - yes it's raining!
Might see a glimpse of sunshine this weekend though.
Mike
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Have fun, sorry to spoil things, the Sir Loin steak story is just that!

Flash
Quote 0 0
GillianF
Flashcat wrote:
Have fun, sorry to spoil things, the Sir Loin steak story is just that!

Flash

Oh Noooo!  Next you'll be telling us there is no Father Christmas [wink]
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Had trouble with the man in the red suit last year, put in a log burner and that really ticked him off!

Flash
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Please could someone from HQ post the Autumn Concours results on the forum?
Many thanks.
Quote 0 0
MPD
They are on another thread, but here you go Mark:

Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Thanks Mark, I did look elsewhere but couldn’t find them, much appreciated.
Quote 0 0