stevobland Show full post »
si1100
My wife and I came up for the weekend from Essex, had a great time. Congratulations must go to the organisation team even if numbers were down on Blenheim. Congratulations also go to Brian from Southend on coming second in the PoO in his DB4.

The only 'disapointment' was that on the way home we were side swipped by a stupid b.... in a Renault Scenic. Just pulled straight out and into the rear quarter spinning us around on the A606. No one was hurt but the poor DB7 is a mess (photo attached). Waiting to hear costs, etc, at least she owned up.
Si
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
i guess no one missed me then....!!!!!...sorry could not have been there , but i was rear ended a few weeks ago...and sadly works service could not complete repair on time.....is that why so few pics?...
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
si1100 wrote:

My wife and I came up for the weekend from Essex, had a great time. Congratulations must go to the organisation team even if numbers were down on Blenheim. Congratulations also go to Brian from Southend on coming second in the PoO in his DB4.

The only 'disapointment' was that on the way home we were side swipped by a stupid b.... in a Renault Scenic. Just pulled straight out and into the rear quarter spinning us around on the A606. No won was hurt but the poor DB7 is a mess (photo attached). Waiting to hear costs, etc, at least she owned up.
Si
When I asked to see some photos, thats not what I expected Si.  :-[
Glad no one was hurt and your 7 is repairable.  >  good luck
Quote 0 0
Fay
tony-hall-40 wrote:

i guess no one missed me then....!!!!!...sorry could not have been there , but i was rear ended a few weeks ago...and sadly works service could not complete repair on time.....is that why so few pics?...
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it is the colour and they could not see you- you see there are advantage to the "dark Astons" in Area 5
Quote 0 0
GaryU
Having spent the day freezing in the cold easterly wind at Donnington Park I decided to give the Sunday a miss.

The weather forecast had the Saturday as the warm day (it wasn't) and the Sunday as overcast and cold.
Perhaps this put other people off as well.
Quote 0 0
si1100
DB PHiL wrote:

When I asked to see some photos, thats not what I expected Si.  :-[
Glad no one was hurt and your 7 is repairable.  >   good luck
Phil, thanks for that, I hope it will be repairable? I do also have some pic's of the day, will upload later today.
Pic's of Chatsworth now attached below
Si
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Fay wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe it is the colour and they could not see you- you see there are advantage to the "dark Astons" in Area 5
just nice to be remembered..!!!!!and for information only.....i suspect i was nobbled by the dark side.....
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
tony-hall-40 wrote:

Sorry to hear that Tony, hope it is not too bad. Missed having some competition!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
GaryU wrote:

Having spent the day freezing in the cold easterly wind at Donnington Park I decided to give the Sunday a miss.

The weather forecast had the Saturday as the warm day (it wasn't) and the Sunday as overcast and cold.
Perhaps this put other people off as well.
Forecast was a bit off - in fact Donington seems to have been the only cold bit of the country on Saturday and the weather at Chatsworth was, in a word, glorious. Great pity you/others may have been put off.
Quote 0 0
David Fearnley
What a great weekend - coming north, over 400 miles driven there and back in my DB7 is always a pleasure and the weather was just perfect, Chatsworth, the house and gardens were outstanding and as always the AMOC did an outstanding job in organising this autumn's event. Caught up with some friends I have not seen for awhile - had a great time. Would also like to say how much we owe to Dot and John Browning, particularly for all the hard work they have done over the last five years in organising these events - they have improved so much and JB  should take most of the credit - nice to see he was given a special thanks by our President.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Dear All

Here are the results for the Autumn Concours 2010 at Chatsworth.

AMOC Autumn Concours Results 2010

Thanks to all who attended, I hope you had an enjoyable day.

We hold a Concours Seminar in January of each year to discuss all things Concours. If you have any suggestion how we may improve these events, encourage more to attend or have comments on the judging, please email me and I will add them to the agenda.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Photos are on their way. David Wright's and mine are with Audrey at HQ. Ian Kendall's came in last night and I'll get those prepared for loading tonight. Hopefully Audrey will be able to put the report up tomorrow.

Great day, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anne
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
I'm sure the whole event was fantastic as usual....but i fear the event lacked that something special..........to make it really memorable..!!

a DB9 Coupe  T66 SBS plate in Aston Racing Green..!!!..........but then I'm biased..!!!
Quote 0 0
steveXE624
si1100 wrote:

The only 'disapointment' was that on the way home we were side swipped by a stupid b.... in a Renault Scenic. Just pulled straight out and into the rear quarter spinning us around on the A606. No one was hurt but the poor DB7 is a mess (photo attached). Waiting to hear costs, etc, at least she owned up.
Si
Sorry to see the damage I come through that very junction (A606 near Ab Kettleby) every day, crossing the main road at that point. I notorious junction I'm afraid .....
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Mark Donoghue wrote:

I fear the reasons for the smaller entry in the Autumn Concours at Chatsworth yesterday were:

• The location was much further north than our Spring Concours, which deters the larger membership from the home counties attending.

• October may be too late in the year, when the weather can be a tad inclement.

I suggest we hold the next Autumn Concours in September and stage it closer to the London area. On alternate years, we will locate a venue more northerly for the Autumn event for the convenience of our members who are located further up the country.

I will publish the final results in the next 24 hours.
So it's OK for us poor sods in the North to travel miles south but not vice versa. A poor indictment of those from the Home Counties.
Quote 0 0
v8v
Totally agree with V12 MCC, these cars are for long distances and enjoyment of driving. The area is beautiful, those who didn't or couldn't attend don't know what they're missing!
Quote 0 0
Russell
yeah 1.2cc but those that live up north love to travel to somewhere nice like the south.
think of us poor southerners having to head up to you lot.
my satnav kept saying "you are so lost man, turn back i fear witchcraft and stuff"
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Russell wrote:

my satnav kept saying "you are so lost man, turn back i fear witchcraft and stuff"
You can tell when they're doing well 'oop north - they keep t'coal in t'Jacuzzi.

Ever a problem - would Watford Gap services suit ? !
(Or Stanford Hall, next door ?)
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Cannon Hall would be great as would Harewood house.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
wasn't that a comedy duo?...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* banana banana banana banana

i'll get me coat....
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
tony-hall-40 wrote:

wasn't that a comedy duo?...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* banana banana banana banana

i'll get me coat....
I assume thats reference to the act not because your coming  oop north and might need it as you're nearer the artic;D
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I hear the carpark of the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club is  very nice - and the catering is on-site, if you like hot pies.... ;D
(for viewers from outside the uK, these are all obscure references to even more obscure comedy shows on British TV. Some were even in colour..... )
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
John Purser wrote:

I hear the carpark of the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club is  very nice - and the catering is on-site, if you like hot pies.... ;D
(for viewers from outside the uK, these are all obscure references to even more obscure comedy shows on British TV. Some were even in colour..... )
What colour on the tv!
oh what luxury to live down south
now about that cardboard box on the central reservation ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
John Purser
ALO wrote:

What colour on the tv!
oh what luxury to live down south
Of course we had a colour TV - it was brown 
Quote 0 0
John Purser
ALO wrote: