MPD
Chavenage House is the venue for the autumn Concours on the 25th September 2011. 

Chavenage is an Elizabethan era manor house 1.5 miles northwest of Tetbury, Gloucestershire and is the quintessential location for Concours.

There is ample room for visiting members to park, with the Concours entrants all located together on lawns to the rear of the house.  Particularly famous features are Cromwell's Room, with history of the English Civil War, the Great Hall, featuring stained glass windows, the Ball room and the Oak Room, which features elaborate oak panels dating from 1590. David Lowsley-Williams will conduct free tours of the house to those who wish to discover more of its history and how he received the house and its contents as a wedding present from his uncle to ensure that Chavenage would be in safe hands.

Chavenage has been used in films and for television programmes, including The ghost of Greville Lodge, a Hercule Poirot story The Mysterious Affair at Styles; a 'Gotcha' for Noel's House Party, Sleuth, Berkeley Square; Cider with Rosie; Grace & Favour; in 2007 the BBC's Lark Rise to Candleford. Scenes from Bonekickers, Tess of the D'Urbervilles and In Love with Barbara were shot at Chavenage in 2008. Recent credits include Rosamund Pilcher's 'The Four Seasons', the BBC's 'Nightwatch' and the new CBBC's 'Sparticles'.

General admission tickets are available from HQ in advance at £24 per vehicle, regardless of its occupants and £30 on the day. Refreshments will be available in the ball room throughout the day. A complimentary glass of champagne Taittinger will be available to members as always, on production of your membership cars.

Concours entrants may download an entry form from the AMOC website. Please note, the close of entry is the 19th September.

We look forward to seeing you there and welcome any members that have not attended a Concours to come along and experience why these events are now so popular.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Looks great, I'll be there. Directions etc.:

http://www.chavenage.com/

Sleuth! Classic stuff...
Quote 0 0
Marc Aylott
Don't forget that the deadline for entering your car to the Autumn Concours is 5pm Monday 19th September. All entries received after this date will be entered in the "Entry on the Day" class, as will all those who turn up on the day, wishing to be entered, without having entered prior to the deadline.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Who from the Forum is planning to go ? We really should have a rendevous point (Club Shop) ?)
and time (2pm ?) to meet up. Perhaps I can arrange a giant mouse to stand by ?
Quote 0 0
MPD
I'm probably going to go John!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Well, if even you are not 100% sure......
Quote 0 0
Marc Aylott
Mark Donoghue wrote:

I'm probably going to go John!

You planning on dressing up as a giant mouse??
Quote 0 0
MPD
Marc Aylott wrote:

You planning on dressing up as a giant mouse??

Are you taking the Mickey?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Are you taking the Mickey?

Watch it!
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
I'll be there - it's pretty much the closest AMOC event to Bristol there has ever been in my 20+ years of membership.  How will we recognise each other?  Pilchards swinging from our lapels?

I'll write "Tunlaw" prominently on my entrance ticket so at least you will be able to see that my car isn't as unblemished as it appears from the photo to the left.  Incidentally, I see my ticket is number 9 .  I didn't book that early, so I hope we manage an attendance in double figures.
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Tegs and I will be there....and I'll have a white coat on....gawd help 'em...
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
It's Official - Don't Bother to Enter Elite Concours Class with Cars over 10 Years Old.

For anybody with a car more than 10 years old don't bother to enter Elite Class unless your car has just come back from a complete restoration and is trailered to the event.

While one must appreciate that Elite Class expects perfection, how can cars with open and exposed engine bays etc compete with modern cars where a simple wipe down with some bumper black make the latter look beautiful?

And how can cars that are this year for instance 25 years older than the 'popular' winner hope to compete without at least some realisation of use and age.

In simple terms there were six cars listed as entered.  Three were post 2000 and three were pre 2000.  The winners were all post 2000, as was predicted before the event even started.

I will continue to prepare my car to the best of my ability as I regard it as therapy, but Elite Concours?  Forget it.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
I am sorry to hear this, Keith.

I for one have thought the rules somewhat perverse.  The lack of miles on some of these cars is somewhat strange - why have something so fabulous and not use it?  I suppose, in a way, it is its own punishment.

Suggestions for change?

1. Minimum of 500 miles for every year since last entered or restoration
2. Handicap according to age (1 year = -6 points, 2=-5, 3 to 5 = -4, 5 - 7= -3, 7-10 = -2, 10-15 = -1, >20 = +1, >30 = +
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
geewizzpip wrote:
In simple terms there were six cars listed as entered.  Three were post 2000 and three were pre 2000.  The winners were all post 2000, as was predicted before the event even started.
What did you enter Keith? It is a concern, I remember a while back Tony won the Feltham class with his imaculate DB MkIII and so moved into the Elite class but in the event was not placed in the top three.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
MPD
Thank to everyone who entered, attended or assisted at the Concours at Chavenage House.
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Mark,

There are some results that differ from the on the day results, something go wrong ?

RC
Quote 0 0
MPD
RCVantage wrote:

Mark,

There are some results that differ from the on the day results, something go wrong ?

RC

Please explain
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Paul Earnshaw was announced as 3rd in Elite, and Ian Stilwell announced as 2nd in Pre-War ???

Now Paul is 4th  and Ian is 1st in the results....
Quote 0 0
MPD
Steve

The judges of Elite Class inadvertently entered on the marking sheets that Paul had been placed 3rd, when in fact his score placed him 4th, with Roger in 3rd. This issue was dealt with after the prize giving and apologies from the principal judge in that class made. Ian was placed 2nd in Pre-War and that was just an data sort error on my part. The revised copy has been posted.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Any Photos from this event for those who couldn't make it?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Here, Autumn Concours at Chavenage House: Pictures and Results (Click on images for a pop up with larger photo - make sure pop up blocker is off!)

and here, Area 5 @ Chavenage Concours September 2011
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Cool area 5 pics...Well Done !
Quote 0 0
Fay
RCVantage wrote:

Cool area 5 pics...Well Done !

thank you kindly. It looks a bit odd to finish on the photo that I did but the camera went caput so that was it!
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Thanks for posting the links Webby...nice photos Fay and Anne
Hope your camara gets well soon Fay.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
The first 4 are Fays!

Roger I
Quote 0 0