tim_c
Pleased you like the pictrues - quite a selection. It was a wonderful venue with so many photo opertunities.

I'm afraid I didn't catch your DB7 - but David Wright or Ethan Bishop almost certainly did

The thing about the DB4/Harrier shot is that they are virtually the same age within about 18 months
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Webby
Thanks to Mark for posting the results to me in record time: http://www.amoc.org/images/stories/documents//club/2006/Brooklands_Concours_Results_2006.pdf

Special thanks to Tim for the wonderful photographs: http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=554&Itemid=118
Quote 0 0
RickH
I would like to thank Mark for organising an excellent event.  Throughly enjoyed the introduction into judging, and will certainly volunteer again.

Marvelous photos from Tim as ever .  I particularly like the DB4 and prototype Harrier.  Any chance you caught a shot of my car (Blue DB7, AFA on the banking.  I would love to see one.

Rick
Quote 0 0
CJ
Tim, as always, excellent photos!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Tim didn't realise this post was here as have started another topic in Idling (which you can delete if you wish Roger). The pictures are fantastic.

Rick congratulations on your improvement in your car, from 4th at Blenheim to 1st at Brooklands, well done.
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
I can't access the concours results today.  Have they been taken down, Roger?

Edit.  Link above was subsequently fixed by Roger.  Thanks.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
Webby
No, just tested, still there, albeit updated, at: http://www.amoc.org/images/stories/documents//club/2006/Brooklands_Concours_Results_2006.pdf
Quote 0 0
RickH
Quote:
congratulations on your improvement in your car, from 4th at Blenheim to 1st at Brooklands

But if you look at the corrected results you will see that I improved form 4th out of 4, to 2nd out of 2!

Is that any improvement? 

I don't think so
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Sorry Rick, so much for being positive! I hadn't realise that the results had been changed. Surely coming second is better than coming fourth?
Quote 0 0
MPD
Rick, you have a good chance of winning your class if you just carry out a few things on your car:

1. Re-locate the rear seats (you know what I mean!)

2. Clean every inch in the weeks before the event.

3. I realise that on the day of the event you had some problems and therefore arrived late, but concours can be won and lost on prepration on the day.  My advice to any entrant, is get there as soon as the gates open and clean like mad!

The fact that you have a non-standard grille, does not mean that you will not win.  It only cost you a point, so leave it on, it looks great!

Perhaps next time, rather than a 4/4 or 2/2 you will get a class like I had and achieved 1/1.  A hollow victory for me I fear, so please if you have anything under 3 years old, stick it in Class M in the Spring!

Mark
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
Thanks for a great day to everyone involved in arranging it.

Question for you Mark, would my score of 88 have been replicated had I entered a different class? what I am getting at, is it fair to compare scores between classes or does it not work like that?

I have to confess Rick wasnt actually going to enter the Bloxham class, I was the only one, he entered to keep me company - true spirit Rick, you are a gent.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Harry, in answer to your question - No!

Scoring is only a means to an end.  Each judge will have a different standard.  I have seen a judge give full marks for something another would give as little as 18 for.

As long as the whole class is judged by the same group of judges, they should subsequently come to the same conclusion.

May I ask what class you thought Rick was going to enter?

Normal progression through the Concours class for DB7 owners (not PoO) is:

1. Newcomers (E)

2. Bloxham (I)

3. Elite (F) When entrant has won class I.  (Thats's you!)

I hope you enter Elite Class in the Spring!

Mark
Quote 0 0
RickH
Rick wasn't going to enter any class, as he arrived so late!  And was judging Class B.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Mark thanks Rick for judging.  Mark appreciate Rick's help.
Quote 0 0
philmw
Mark - How is the age of the car incorporated, if at all, in the marking?

Rick - what have you done to your rear seats?
Quote 0 0
RickH
Apparently they are not mounted correctly.  Where the padding of the seat back should be right up against the rear shelf, on my car there is a slight gap and you can see the stitching holding the seat back together.

I am told this is due to the seat back not being fully engaged on the seat back mounting.  So i am told, the solution is to 'use force'  to press the seat back towards the rear while sliding it down on the mounting.

Any experience of this would be welcome!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Rick

Age is not 'incorporated' in the marking sheets as such, however one must be aware that, say when judging Elite Class, that two cars competing may have a 50 year age differential.

This makes judging Elite Class a challenge. We must always think: ORIGINALITY, CONDITION AND CLEANLINESS and score it accordingly.

Quote 0 0
alecmartin
i was confused to see that my old vantage,was entered in the v8 class.After winning that class last autumn i thought the only class it could enter, within two years, was the elite class?..
Quote 0 0