Bahama Yellow
I'd like to get in touch with those driving cars in Bahama Yellow. A Bahama Yellow Chapter Aston Martin so to speak. Dubbed BabYChAM by Webbie. In any case, there must be some 10-20 cars in this color. Ultimately, I'd like to see whether we can do a get together, but lets see how many we can unearth first. Send me a PM or just reply to this post. Many thanks.
Quote 0 0
pjmnppg
Better not use the Babycham trademark - just ask Kath Kidson why not
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Okay, will check and go with BYCAM. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Catholic Kidson used a cute little deer with a ribbon for their xmas range and Babycham are suing them. It's not even yellow! Personally I'd contact them, a range of yellow Aston Martins sporting a Babycham logo would make a great marketing campaign.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Indeed, it'll need to go the proper way, otherwise we get sued for copyright infringement. But lets first see whether we can get a few car owners to react. No cars, no BYCAM or BabYCham either!
Quote 0 0
slick
Back to topic: my car is bahama yellow.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Glad to meet you, Danny. I remember seeing pictures of your car when you bought it, 3-4 years ago or so. It looks very good in that color. A daring but no doubt rewarding decision. Well, that makes two of us for the register, and I have had some correspondence with the owner of the real Persuaders car. Now we need to unearth a few more!
Quote 0 0
popadave
I shall be participating in the Centenary Tour in a Bahama Yellow DB7 i6 Volante, however it is not mine.  On loan from another AMOC member for the tour.  (I have the identical car here in Canada, but in Brecon Black.)  The folks at Newport Pagnell told me there were only ever two DB7's produced in that colour.  BTW, do they really call it "Bahama Yellow"?  (I thought is was more Banana Yellow?) 
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Well, when you think you've seen it all! Two DB7's in bahama yellow - who would have thought? And you'll be driving one, you lucky devil. I'd love to see pictures. It may be too wild to get all bahama yellow cars together but we can try and do a gallery. Yes, it truly is bahama yellow....more sandy than banana yellow. Porsche also did cars in bahama yellow. Quite fashionable then. I do like myself the way the color changes in varying daylight.  banana!
Quote 0 0
popadave
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Well, when you think you've seen it all!!! From the expression on your face, it's easy to see that yellow cars make people happy. Congratulations and thanks for posting the picture. 
Quote 0 0
tim_c
This update on AstonMartins.com might be good for the Bahama Yellow chapter

http://astonmartins.com/car/dbs-the-persuaders/
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I don't think that DB7 is Bahama Yellow....there was a colour that Ferrari used called Giallo Fly and Aston either called it that or possibly Cambrian Yellow......pretty sure they used it on a LHD launch DB7 Volante and there was a Driving Dynamics car kicking about in the same colour.
Any DB7 register types about.....
Tim,re. The Persuaders I'm glad PPP6H/BS1 has it's own page but there is are a couple of corrections needed.
The show was a commercial success,it soon went into profit around the world and won awards in 3 countries.
The finance was there for the second series and ONLY one aspect stopped filming.....Roger signed for Bond,a deal that started in 1968 and due to other circumstances didn't happen until 1972.
The financial side,Sir Lew Grade wanted filming to go ahead with Noel Harrison replacing Roger but one man made the decision not to film and that was Bob Baker the producer and creator of the show.
It fared badly in America mainly due to being put on tv at exactly the same time as Mission Impossible (with it's large 'lready hooked' existing audience) so of course
people wouldn't turn over to see a new show and The Persuaders was pulled before the series ended.
My source for the above info told to me personally by each......Bob Baker,Roger Moore and Johnny Goodman.....Tony Curtis did add to it with 'those stupid ***** ****** up the distribution with the American Networks'..... ;D
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Mike, this looks like Keith Piper's car to me; that was certainly finished in a yellow close to Giallo Fly but with an Aston name 
Quote 0 0
b.Roo.ce
AML first used the yellow pictured on the DB7 with the V8 Zagatos of 1986-1990. It was in fact Giallo Fly but Victor Gauntlet renamed it Fury Yellow, the six standard colours on the Zags were all named after famous British fighter planes. Zagato sourced the paint in Italy from IVI with the paint code 155534.

Roo
http://www.v8vantage.com
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Thanks, all, for your contributions. Well, we have to be strict here - it either is bahama yellow or it isn't. Other yellows are no doubt very pretty, but not for this Chapter. Yes, I am aware of the Persuaders! history and the PPP 6H Facebook page. Mike is right that the series did very well outside the US, and it still has a loyal fan base today. I am especially happy for PPP 6H that she was invited to Villa d"Este recently. She looked stunning and I think it was a real big step forward for the DBS model in general.
Quote 0 0
slick
The DB7 is defintaley NOT bahama yellow. IMHO there are no bahama yellow DB 7 around.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Yes, I thought bahama yellow was more of a sixties/seventies color too. But to be fair to Mr. Popadave, he had the car on loan and was told it was bahama yellow. He was kind enough to post here, so I appreciate his contribution.

Moving on, here are a three DB6 cars in bahama yellow. http://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/bahama-yellow

I've also seen pictures of a US based bahama yellow DBS and I have seen a French bahama yellow DBS being advertised some years ago. These are probably the same as both mentioned at the bottom of the following link: http://www.dbsvantage.com/en/pages/films-and-tv/thepersuaders.html and that mentions a second UK bahama yellow DBS too.

Then there was somebody building a Persuaders tribute car in Germany, but that project stopped halfway and I saw the car being advertised for sale. And my own humble effort. So then there are probably 5 bahama yellow DBS cars apart from PPP 6H.

With Danny Wilde's Vantage, that makes 10 cars at least.
Quote 0 0
boltoc
I have a Bahama Yellow DBS. Only problem is that it has a protective layer of lime green on top and an undercoat of Silver/Grey.
chrisb
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
LOL. Operation Layer Cake. You got to find a way to liberate the beast. So how do you plan to do this?
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
popadave wrote:

Hi Dave - just seen your post. I recognise that car !!!! Recovered from the Tour yet ;D
Quote 0 0
popadave
Hi Ian. Very fond memories.  We really enjoyed meeting everyone.  Ho to Maureen from us.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I wonder why the guy with the DBS Vantage website thinks the non Vantage The Persuaders! DBS was restored in 2011,and was signed by Roger in 2011......and signed by Tony a year after he died....... >
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Yes, Mike, the site says "restored in 2011". Do let me have the right dates for restoration and signing and I'll email him for correction.
Quote 0 0
slick
Tony Curtis signed it in Oct. 2008 in Cheltenham. I was there, too.
Quote 0 0