IT IS ONE OLIVE!

TWO, your brettship!
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Be careful, you woodsman, we Lords fight dirty  >
Quote 0 0
wondercat
This may be of interest.

http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auctions/16-10-2013-ImperialWarMuseumDuxford-1344/1969AstonMartinDB6Vantage-36462.aspx

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
That's a stunning car, wondercat, many thanks for sharing. The estimate seems on the low side, so no doubt there will be lots of interest. It would be nice if, at some point in future, the new owner would make himself known here.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Just had a look, the car sold for 190,000.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
The French DBS Vantage site reports on colors produced for the DBS 6 cylinders: http://www.dbsvantage.com/en/pages/production/body-colors.html 
He reports that "Contrary to certain rumours,  Bahama Yellow , which was made famous by the DBS driven Lord Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders, was not specially created for the series.  It was already listed in the catalogue and four cars had already been painted in this colour before it was chosen by the series producers for DBS/5636/R.  Another four DBS 6 cylinder cars were later also painted in the same colour, bringing the total number of DBS 6 cylinder cars in  Bahama Yellow  to nine."
Quote 0 0
slick
I can confirm at least, that the colour wasn't created for the series. In fact I am not sure if it was an AM creation at all. Porsche had a colour, that was in fact called bahama yellow, that is if not exactly the same, at least very very similar.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Indeed, Danny, AM already had the color during the DB6 times, so it was hardly new. I know the Porsche color too. I once met a guy who was restoring one in BY as his dad used to drive one, and he had always admired the color of it. Funny how many of us try and recreate childhood memories.
Say, I recently was in Monte Carlo looking for a bar fight but you didn't show up!
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
I just  posted this in the V8 engine section too, but since it is clear evidence that bahama yellow cars are faster, I'll copy it here too:
#ws
Quote 0 0