aston-jag Show full post »
Ian Postles
Excellent day and so many fantastic cars to look at.  Great to catch up with so many people - and aren't we so lucky to have Astons in our lives
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
What a fantastic effort by Robert Denton - he deserves a tank full of pilchards.
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Seconded 👍
Well done Robert and thank you - I couldn't be there but what a wonderful turn out.
Well done to all.
Quote 0 0
annereed
The South Today reporter said there would be an item about yesterday on this evening's news. Not sure if that means a longer segment to follow up the brief bit on yesterday.

Anne
Quote 0 0
asington
Great gathering - I reckon there were 250 cars there. Weather was a bit chilly but the rain kept off so it was a huge success. My round-trip was 550 miles - sheer hell going to the event and the return today started with flooding in The New Forest but once nearer home it improved immensely. Car was a dream! Hotel in The New Forest - The Burley Manor Hotel - was superb - highly recommended if you're in the area.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Purest Green wrote:

Some great photos of Beaulieu here courtesy of Robert Denton:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59166814@N02/sets/72157667000752315/

I think he managed to capture every car that attended.

Thanks for sharing the link and to all the other photos that have, and will, be posted. 
Quote 0 0
si1100
A couple of pics of a great day at Beaulieu. A big thank you to all who organised the event.....see you in 2017!!
Quote 0 0
elmo
Nice pic of my DB4 si 1100, thanks for that and also to Robert, fantastic job. Def a popular venue and could grow bigger if on next year. Only wish I could have put faces to forum names so may plan to meet a few people if willing next time.
Quote 0 0
annereed
What we have done at some other events is have Forum labels, where you can write your Forum name so people can say hello.  We can provide the labels at an 'agreed location', if people were willing to wear them?

We could also arrange to meet at an 'agreed location' at a specified time but that does not always work if people get tied up and can't make the agreed time.

Having found the cars parked which belonged to Forumites, it was slightly frustrating not to be able to meet the owner!

Anne
Quote 0 0
MrKinsey
I have just started a YouTube channel, the first video I have made was of Sunday. Will be plenty of more content on Aston Martin's subscribe if you are interested in seeing more.

Thanks,

Stew.



Quote 0 0
sgoody1
Brilliant day. Met several AMOC members and one or two Vanquish owners.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote 0 0
sgoody1
And my motor


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote 0 0
filandeb
annereed wrote:

What we have done at some other events is have Forum labels, where you can write your Forum name so people can say hello.  We can provide the labels at an 'agreed location', if people were willing to wear them?
We could also arrange to meet at an 'agreed location' at a specified time but that does not always work if people get tied up and can't make the agreed time.

Having found the cars parked which belonged to Forumites, it was slightly frustrating not to be able to meet the owner!

Anne


Sounds good to me. Like you I was hoping to meet other I've corresponded with online, in most cases I found the cars but couldn't associate them with an individual. As you said, frustrating.
Regarding the video posted by MrKinsey, it was nice to see Chris Done captured on film (film? - showing my age a bit) doing what he does best with a V8 and also at 5 minutes 30 seconds in, an Aston with a square steering wheel. I remember the derision that greeted British Leyland (it might have been BMC back then) when they fitted a square steering wheel to an Austin Allegro, it was sufficiently strident for them to remove it. How things have changed.

Phil
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Was that Chris!..........I thought I recognised the face! 

Wish I could have made it Phil, but I'm working hard on getting my garage sorted.....see you at the next one!
Quote 0 0
filandeb
Phil, your camera would have been busy, I think the final count was 358 Astons. What are you doing to the garage?

Phil
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
filandeb wrote:

Phil, your camera would have been busy, I think the final count was 358 Astons. What are you doing to the garage?

Phil

Basically re-claiming it!.........it was converted to a room some years back and my car's been living outside
not long now and I'll have the car safe & snug in it's rightful place 
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
DB PHiL wrote:

Basically re-claiming it!.........it was converted to a room some years back and my car's been living outside
not long now and I'll have the car safe & snug in it's rightful place 


+1, good move.
Quote 0 0