blondemoment Show full post »
AstonZagato
Reminds me of a story from my youth.  It involves my then girlfiriend and a passionate interlude in the front seat of her mother's Mini.  The crucial moment occured the next morning when the mother drove the girl to the station and the windscreen misted up ... all save for two footprints... 

I always got a rather frosty reception from her parents after that...
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Were they on the inside or the outside?
Quote 0 0
4todd
AZ-You rascal you.    We should assume that this young lady is not Mrs. AZ now?
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
No, she is not Mrs AZ. It was before I ever met her.
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
AZ , giving a  whole new definition to the term 'road testing' ;D
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
So what were the AMOC results, apart from some spotlessly clean fingernails?
Quote 0 0
blondemoment
I've no idea what the results were - I'm just intrigued by the hugely amusing change of subject, and can't wait for the next meeting!!! ;D

I wonder what the judges will be looking for next time! 
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Fingernail scratches in the hide upholstery... ;D
Quote 0 0
TVJL
John, I thought that the scratches in your car were made by pigs rather than dogs?
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
That's one way of putting it!  ;D
Quote 0 0
williamp
This thread is disgusting: why would you let a woman into your Aston without making them remove their shoes first??? The carpets could get filthy....
Quote 0 0
John Purser
blondemoment wrote:

wonder what the judges will be looking for next time! 

You'll have to block your ears, blondemoment, you being of the fairer gender, but a while back some very tight concours marking led one of the judges (who keeps a straight face whilst saying the most outrageous things) to say to a newish competitor 'you'll possibly lose a mark because the (- ahem - shall we say supplies of disposable rubber items) in the first aid kit have been replaced with non-AML issue - it's a question of originality, you understand'.  I gather the first aid box did get opened to check whilst others roundabout stuffed handkerchiefs in their mouths to stop themselves collapsing laughing.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
I wonder if websites associated to dogging have there treads hijacked along the lines of "did you notice the vectra was running on mitchelins, I am sure they are not OE".
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
And what website might those be??

Addresses please.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Will this help ?

http://www.crufts.com

I thought not ....  ;D
Quote 0 0
Webby
A couple of pictures and, more importantly, the results, can now be found here: Beaulieu 2007
Quote 0 0
philmw
Thanks.  Was Richard's Vanquish built at Bloxham?
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Mendip is not a shade of Green either...
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Some of the cars were so good they looked like they had just come straight from Works Service.
Quote 0 0
philmw
I must comment that it is particularly pleasing to see that the DB7 ruled this year.  Well done. 

The end of 'those' comments I trust. 
Quote 0 0
DBVII
Hi Phil,

Yes, DB7's were in abundance this year - very nice to see...

It was good to see you on Sunday - pity I don't have your knack in cleaning my car as you do - (not you cleaning mine, you cleaning yours, me cleaning mine - Oh you know what I mean!)

Anyway, I must try harder and I must accumulate a boot (trunk) full of cloths, ointments, unctions and polishes to prepare for the next meeting - a couple of paper towels and a coke bottle of water didn't really do the job....

Next time...

Mike.
Quote 0 0
philmw
Quote 0 0
Russell
geewizzpip wrote:

Some of the cars were so good they looked like they had just come straight from Works Service.

now now, you'r sounding bitter and twisted.  will bring ulcers on dear chap.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
annereed
There are a few photos on the area 13 page http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=640&Itemid=51.

Anne

Quote 0 0
4todd
Whoa!  CJ is a great kiddo!  Close your eyes dude...
Quote 0 0