AM V8 Show full post »
AM V8
Oh no, just the thought makes me shudder.
Quote 1 0
M500 TOO
Ha ha I thought so what was
I thinking
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
Waitrose for me and Yes, I do. Never knowingly undersold!!
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Did you mean "undercharged"?
Quote 0 0
MarkE
Given that my DB9 is my daily driver, then yes, it winds up in car parks all over the place.

I just make certain that I take great care in where I park it.

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
What's with the roped off thing? Surely the idea is that visitors can have a look at all the cars?  I go to Goodwood Revival, Le Mans Classic and all sorts of places in the DB MkIII and it's not "roped off". Is Beaulieu particularly rough area that attracts a lot of chavs? [biggrin]

p.s. I'll get registered for Saturday. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Cars are roped off but no one seemed to mind if we climbed over to have a look.

I did have a moment at a New Years Day event when a lady member of the public sporting a golf umbrella attached across the bottom of her rucksack was walking between the cars, missing mine by two or three inches.....

Oh gosh oh dear I thought!!!!

Flash
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Yes at the end of the day they are cars and should be enjoyed by all I love to see people sitting in their dream car with a big smile for a pic I am not precious with any of my cars, no point owning one if your constantly worried about it
Quote 1 0
Dawesy
Displaying a wonderful car for people to enjoy is one thing but having your pride and joy scratched, dented and even items stolen are another. I am very pleased to have a rope barrier protect my car and keep it safe.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
I have been to everyone since it started and never had any damage caused. In the early days the cars were not roped off.

Last year I was with the TVR Club with no barriers from the public.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Mine is stratched and dented as it’s been driven that’s where my pride and joy comes from owning an Aston not cleaning it only washed it three times in a year and 10k put on it so maybe it will be put at back like at silverstone classic
Quote 0 0
JonN430
My N430 has just been accepted for Saturday.

The organiser advised they are putting all the Aston’s together on the day too.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Excellent
Quote 0 0
splosh
Im In, for both days. Quite local for me.
Quote 0 0
markm3
Dawesy wrote:
Displaying a wonderful car for people to enjoy is one thing but having your pride and joy scratched, dented and even items stolen are another. I am very pleased to have a rope barrier protect my car and keep it safe.

Got to say I agree.

Happy to let people look and sit in the car, but having spent a small fortune on it, I would rather not have it scratched!

Hearing about kids hanging off wing mirrors and running their toy cars up and down the side of a £750K Merc SLR at Goodwood Supercar Sunday makes me shudder.

If people can't respect other peoples property, then he cars should be roped off.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Had my car damaged last year at the super car event....by a mobility scooter....not much but a graze on the rear wheel arch....car was not roped off as the stewards forgot to put it in place after I parked.
On a positive note the organisers were fantastic and made a payment to the repair.
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Dont forget the Simply Astons @ Beaulieu on the 7th April,
Area 13 are hosting a pre meeting coffee and Bacon Butty breakfast at the Elm Tree Ringwood BH24 3DY from 8AM
Quote 0 0
GarethT
Mine has been accepted for Saturday [smile]
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
AM V8
I still haven’t received anything, I must be Nobby no mates.
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
M500 TOO wrote:
Do you lot take your cars to Tesco’s like us mere mortals

Yes
Why not!
IMG_0445.jpg
Formerly known as Forum Manager.
Quote 0 0
AM V8
Nice one a Gary, that is brilliant.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Nice to see although I suspect it was closed at that time ha ha
Quote 0 0
GarethT
AM V8 wrote:
I still haven’t received anything, I must be Nobby no mates.

Maybe check with them. I received a reply within 2 days
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
As Gareth says check with the organisers, last year the confirmation time was two or three weeks, this year my confirmation was the next day. It’s a great day out.

Flash
Quote 0 0
MarkE
Mine also came through within 24 hours of applying this year, whereas last year it took a good two weeks to get a response. Might just be that they’re now just starting to get swamped with applications, as I believe it’s a fairly small team deals with this
Quote 0 0