scampbird
Hello all!

I wondered if there was interest/ability to get some AMOC representation for this event?
http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/9th-sunday-scramble/

They are run regularly, designed to show off the site of the former RAF base, which has been turned into a park for vintage car and plane related businesses. I love going, I'm sure others would too. It would be nice to offset the sea of Porsches that keep turning up

I'm certainly happy to enquire whether we could go as a club but not sure how these things work!

Cheers,
Damian
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Speak to John B - he's on your doorstep. 😉

Could finish with lunch/dinner at Le Manoir ? 😀
Quote 0 0
asington
This is the same weekend as the AMOC Spring Concours!
Quote 0 0
scampbird
asington wrote:

This is the same weekend as the AMOC Spring Concours!

Whoops, somehow I missed that! I'll park this idea for now then, and try organise something for the next one, which will be August (date tbc). Hopefully we could make it a regular thing.

There's also Flywheel Festival there, a much bigger event, first weekend in July. Not sure if that was attended by the club last year.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Might be a shortage of Astons that weekend - 460+ are registered to be at Burghley!  Are you not going?
Quote 0 0
scampbird
IanV12VR wrote:

Might be a shortage of Astons that weekend - 460+ are registered to be at Burghley!  Are you not going?

You're a busy lot ...!

Unfortunately I can't attend either event in July, family commitments (that I keep trying to get out of).
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Exuent stage left Scambird. 😀
Quote 0 0
John B
Bicester Heritage are also holding the annual "Flywheel" festival on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd July. This event is "A FESTIVAL OF HISTORIC MOTORING,
AVIATION AND MILITARY ENDEAVOUR" according to the web site. It attracts more visitors every year and if you take a look at the web site you will see that many car clubs attend. It is probably too late this year for the AMOC to take part but maybe one for the future. Any thoughts or comments?

Take a look at http://www.flywheelfestival.com/
Quote 0 0