RickH
How many people are going to the Bonhams Auction on Sat 13th and then the Concours at Blenheim on Sun 14th?  And of those, how many want to stay over somewhere near Blenheim on the Saturday night?

I fancy making a bit of an ‘Aston weekend’ of it, and would love to meet up with other Astonites at a local hostelry for a beer and a chat (and gazing at a line of Astons parked in the evening sunshine?!!).

Anyone else interest in meeting up?
Quote 0 0
philmw
Hi Rick,

As you know I think this is a great idea to meet up.  I'll be at the Bonhams auction on the 13th, but really not sure I'll be able to make the concours.  We'll certainly meet up on the 13th.

Phil
Quote 0 0
RickH
If we arrange to meet up, we seem to have the following forum people (including those from the other Bonhams thread)

Bonhams                  Blenheim
Rick                            Rick
Phil
PedleyM
David Lewington
milog
Dwarf

Anyone else?
Where should we meet at Newport Pagnell, and at what time?
Quote 0 0
williamp
I will be there both days (look for a brightly coloured Bovis Nimrod racing jacket), but will be heading home inbetween. Both times in my DBS V8
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Will will you be wearing said jacket even if it's 90 in the shade? Martin
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I hope to be at both,

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Me too.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
and me
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
I live 20 mins away from NP. My drive is set away from the road and can park 10 plus cars, it would make a lovely photo only problem is it's 20 mins in the wrong direction if you are coming north or sounth M1, and I want to get to the auction fairly early for a really good look round.

I am leaving my house at 10 am, alternatively can meet in the car park. If you want to exchange numbers then message me direct using this website (my direct email is down atm so I am not receiving/sending anything).
Quote 0 0
seangrace
I'm planning on going to Blenheim
Quote 0 0
williamp
Dwarf wrote:

I live 20 mins away from NP. My drive is set away from the road and can park 10 plus cars, it would make a lovely photo only problem is it's 20 mins in the wrong direction if you are coming north or sounth M1, and I want to get to the auction fairly early for a really good look round.

I am leaving my house at 10 am, alternatively can meet in the car park. If you want to exchange numbers then message me direct using this website (my direct email is down atm so I am not receiving/sending anything).

Hi Dwarf,

thanks for the offer, but last year they had plenty of car pakring dotted around the place- in the Aston car park (early starters...) and also in the car park of the local offices. It was quite fun to go walking and see the odd Aston parked down a side street!

I look forward to seeing you there. Last year it took ages to get through all the stuff and get to the interesting cars. Plenty of time to have a nose around, go for a pub lunch (anyone else?) and come back.
Quote 0 0
alecmartin
i am planning on being at the auction,may even be driving home in something new!...I find the concorse thing a bit sad however so shall not bother..
Quote 0 0
milog
I am going to both events (auction and concours) and will have a factory tour on thursday
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I'm going to the auction, but would attend both if I could.  The concours is as much about the location as the event, so I welcome the change to Blenheim after a number of years at Waddesdon.

Don't know if I'll be in the DB6 volante or the DBS V8, will depend on the weather.  For the sake of my marriage, will most definitely not be bidding on anything!

Chris
Quote 0 0
RickH
Attendance so far:

Bonhams                  Blenheim              ID
Rick                            Rick                      Blue DB7
Phil                                                        Shiny Red DB7
PedleyM
David Lewington
milog                        milog
Dwarf
willamp                      willamp                  Bright Jacket!
Lagondanet                Lagondanet            Lagonda
geewizzpip                geewizzpip
nmv2and3                  nmv2and3
                                seangrace
alecmartin
CQ DBSV8

Of those going to both, are you doing it a 2 day trips, or are you planning to stay somewhere?
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
Rick wrote:

Attendance so far:

Bonhams                   Blenheim              ID
Rick                            Rick                       Blue DB7
Phil                                                         Shiny Red DB7
PedleyM
David Lewington
milog                         milog
Dwarf
willamp                       willamp                   Bright Jacket!
Lagondanet                Lagondanet             Lagonda
geewizzpip                 geewizzpip
nmv2and3                  nmv2and3
                                seangrace
alecmartin
CQ DBSV8

Of those going to both, are you doing it a 2 day trips, or are you planning to stay somewhere?

I am going to Blenheim with Vinnie - previous evenings diner too!
Quote 0 0
seangrace
To add some ID to Rick's table, I'll be in N reg green DB7. No idea what I'll be wearing but will be with my 5 year old son.

Sean
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I'll be in a Le Mans T shirt (if I can wash it in time) - Keith
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
WilliamP, I wasnt offering to 'keep' your astons whilst you are at auction, dunno though,, I could be tempted to car park duty.

Was thinking moreso of meeting at mine and driving convey from there, bit of a round trip though as most of you will come past NP to get to me, so guess I will meet you there, and yes there was plenty of parking.

Quote 0 0
williamp
Dwarf wrote:

WilliamP, I wasnt offering to 'keep' your astons whilst you are at auction, dunno though,, I could be tempted to car park duty.

Was thinking moreso of meeting at mine and driving convey from there, bit of a round trip though as most of you will come past NP to get to me, so guess I will meet you there, and yes there was plenty of parking.

Ahhh I see. Well i'll see you there

W.

Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Alec do you want a lift up to the auction, I have to come back that day as Its Allens birthday on the Sunday
Quote 0 0
alecmartin
thanks andrew,but there will be three of us.I quess you were off to badminton when you passed me the other day?
Quote 0 0
milog
Rick, I will be in a Dutch registered black Virage Volante if he makes it to the UK ;D :-\
Quote 0 0
annereed
Will be at Blenheim.  gold v8, reg: RYK1R.  Will have a red cap with DAVRON on it, probably under several layers of jumpers and coats if it's cold!

Just coming up for the day so not staying over.

Geewizzpip - what year le man t-shirt have you got?

Anne
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Can someone please tell me what time this starts. Have looked in the newsletter and can't see any indication. Thank you.
Quote 0 0