Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Thibaut

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #1 
Been looking at the Bonhams website to check the collection of cars they are offering.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25452/#/aa0=2&MR0_length=100&w0=list&aj0=lot_number_asc&m0=0

I had a bit of a look at the various NP V8 on offer.
A few ones have been on the market for some time. The black vantage with red interior has been on ebay for a year or something.
There are a few of the virage that were on sale at Stratton, including the pearl white 7 liter conversion. I get the impression the estimate is a notch lower than the asking price at Stratton's.
And also there is Astro's vantage look virage 6.3 volante now in black. Since it was sold at Bonhams a few years ago, it had been advertised at a huge premium and unsurprisingly didn't sell. Now after a colour change (frankly I don't get it) it seems to be back at an estimate in line to where it was sold a few years ago.

Will be very interesting to see how this works out. Prices are definitively lower for this side of the market.
jonm

Reply with quote  #2 
"Now after a colour change (frankly I don't get it)" - apparently black ones are faster. [biggrin]
GaryU_2

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
This sale has lost all its pizzazz. Hardly any memorabilia.   We used to run a forum competition on the prices.  With so few cars, let's play. (And I get to go first)

Selling percentage   : 

Gary U                       :   40%
asington                   :    45%

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #4 
GaryU - I think the prices are pretty fair generally - though I suspect the present atmosphere will influence the % sold IF the prices quoted are rigid. I think they will be variable! I go for 45%. 
Vanquish Rider

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #5 
However, much of that memorabilia was produced just for the sale, such as the signed bond pictures and some of the artwork. Plus all those wooden (metallic look) Aston Signs

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
GillianF

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #6 
I have to say I'm puzzled why someone would put a brand new Zagato Shooting Brake with 43miles in an auction?

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25452/lot/232/?category=list&length=10&page=15
Vanquish Rider

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #7 
Works have 3 for sale. I think they never all sold? Even though they said they did...

GillianF

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquish Rider
Works have 3 for sale. I think they never all sold? Even though they said they did...

Yes saw those. Just seems and odd choice to put it into an auction.
astro

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Thibaut, Thanks for putting up the Bonhams auction catalogue offerings. However, Oh my dear old Virage Volante 6.3; what did they do to you?
I don't think you look anywhere as attractive as you were in your original Gladiator Red dress and it makes me wonder what else has happened since the Bonhams hammer went down at £ 125K plus commission a few years ago (We actually received about £114k after sellers deductions and it took several weeks before the cheque arrived!). She cost £261K (£150k for the basic car plus £111K for its conversion) which wasn't cheap back in 1993. The last I saw of her she was on the market for around £340K as far as I can recall...a ridiculous mark up, so it didn't sell. For some time I have been wondering where she was hiding so now I know.
I gather that she still carries the registration H5TRO which surprises me. We had a yellow headed bolt through the number plate to make the top of the "H" look like an "A" ie ASTRO, but an over enthusiastic MOT tester wanted to fail the car for that, so it resumed H5 TRO thereafter. She gained a second place at Beaulieu Concours and was still in that condition when she passed through Bonhams hands, so I don't understand why it is claimed that she has had a full body restoration. There are quite a few other inaccuracies in the published details which I won't bother with here. As far as I am concerned the body was perfect when sold, and she had an extremely low  recorded mileage.
Good luck to any purchaser, she was an impressive beast and was really only sold due to space limitations (I still have my DB5 and The V8 Coupe, plus other makes), and also because spares had become highly expensive eg two small triangular rubber weather seals for the hood cost about £900 as I recall.
Having said all that I enjoyed her greatly, she sounded superb with her special exhaust and always attracted attention wherever she went. 

360MDB9

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #10 
I have to say I'm puzzled why someone would put a brand new Zagato Shooting Brake with 43miles in an auction?
 I thought that too.  I suspect it is a case of having too much stock/too many cars or needing the cash pretty sharpish.....
rcfurse

Real user
Reply with quote  #11 
It is also interesting to see who is putting stuff into the sale. People always photograph their cars in the same place (the background is the same) so you can generally see who is selling what.
The Zagato shooting brakes must be hugely overpriced or they would have sold. Strange because it is a very interesting looking car. I just don't spend that kind of money on a car that will likely be worth 50% in two years. If Works want to take the hit now though . . . .  . . (might respray in a slightly more subtle colour too)
GaryU_2

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
Is the last line of the sales blurb a clue on the Zagato

Should the vehicle remain in the EU, VAT of 20% will be payable on the hammer price and buyer's premium.

The VAT has not been paid, so it is a dealer sale. 

So £750K + premium + VAT on the lot at 20%. (outch)

Real user
Reply with quote  #13 
I would also want a stonking trade in value for my Fiat 500.
GaryU_2

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
It's about as Italian as Spaghetti Bolognese.

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU_2
Is the last line of the sales blurb a clue on the Zagato

Should the vehicle remain in the EU, VAT of 20% will be payable on the hammer price and buyer's premium.

The VAT has not been paid, so it is a dealer sale. 

So £750K + premium + VAT on the lot at 20%. (outch)

Some dealers have new Zagato Shooting Brakes for sale at just shy of £1 million.....   The pricing is totally unrealistic. 
philmw

AMOC Old Fart
Reply with quote  #16 
Can't see any mention of the need to pay an AMOC admission charge - https://images1.bonhams.com/original?src=Images/live/2019-04/30/S-25452-0-1.pdf

GaryU_2

Administrator
Reply with quote  #17 
I do think it is ridiculous that Bonhams are selling 12Million pounds worth of cars, but our members are having to pay £30 to park.  To raise £6000 to pay for the venue!

Parking may be free with a catalogue.

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360MDB9
Some dealers have new Zagato Shooting Brakes for sale at just shy of £1 million.....   The pricing is totally unrealistic. 

I know this is the Volante. But it kind of puts a ceiling on the auction price don't you think? And it is Works that is selling it...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-Aston-Martin-Vanquish-Zagato-Volante/233202872550?hash=item364bf970e6:g:nvoAAOSwrJRcuXgB

Thibaut

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
Hi Thibaut, Thanks for putting up the Bonhams auction catalogue offerings. However, Oh my dear old Virage Volante 6.3; what did they do to you?

Hi Astro, I am happy to hear from you. 
I hope your car goes to a true enthusiast who likes black, not a would be speculator like Kahn.
If it goes around 100K, Kahn would have lost a good 50K on the trade.

It a great car and deserves to be on the road not in a silly showroom gathering dust.

I think the prices are ok. I can't judge the quality from where I am but would be bullish and bet on 50% sale ratio.

Memorabilia is un-inspiring.
Rich5ltr

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #20 
Surely much of that memorabilia like the Bond pictures and the wooden plaques has been in the sale year after year. There must be someone churning out DB5 pictures signed by Sean Connery. 

Vanquish Rider

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #21 
The wooden signs are a £50 item churned out on mass. I like them. But they are just mass produced. They certainly shouldn’t be in the sale.

The photos are dubious to say the least. God knows who buys them. Especially at those prices.

Ockyclarke

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #22 
Can you fit a pair of Purdeys in the back of the Zagato Shooting Brake?

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #23 
I am sure works service can install a bespoke storage box in the back of the zagato !

Re: memorabilia, i liked when there were a number of aston spare parts, original wheels, gearboxes etc.
I am sure members may have ben interested to dispose of various bits and that would have been a good option.
I have limited interest for sean connery pictures or the wooden sign for 250gbp
rcfurse

Real user
Reply with quote  #24 
And if you need a pair of Purdeys Works Service will be able to supply them too. Given the usual Works multiplier they will therefore be £500,000 (10x).
GaryU_2

Administrator
Reply with quote  #25 
But they will have little the bespoke Aston Martin badges on. These will be worth the extra £450,000.  They will be unique, until the glue hardens and the badges fall off. 
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.