Thibaut Show full post »
nmv2and3
£550k? I must have blinked
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I wonder if Lamborghini have ever had one of their tractors at one of their auctions?
Paul
Quote 1 0
philmw
IMG_1146.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
I looked on the Bonhams website last night and it wasn’t showing in the “sold” lots - in fact it looked like only 12 out of the 35 sold. Guess they have had better result from past auctions 🤔
Quote 0 0
philmw
12 out of 33.  Not good.

Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Just after the sale, the website was suggesting only 8 sold so presumably the other 4 were negotiated later
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
At the Brooklands sale the day before they offered 10 Astons in a large sale of  180 lots. In the end 5 of the Astona sold, including the DB4 and the DB6 Volante.

So this sale had a higher percentage sold of Astons than the special Aston only sale. 

The future of the Bonhams Aston sale must be in question.  
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
From photos I have seen the number of people in the room looked like single figures.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
It might make funding our spring Concours next year complicated?
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
The room at bonhams was nearing capacity. I think the sale brings something to the day. But I recognise others may think differently.
Clearly it helps on the financial side.
Quote 0 0
GaryU
I thought it was brilliant for AMOC members, and the others attending the auction got to see the concours. So the format worked well for us, and I would love to see it continue.

It’s the financial viability for Bonhams that is questionable. They could sell the cars in another of their auctions. One option is the open the sale up to other high value cars. I would prefer that to the auction ending.
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
I also think the club should help bonhams on the memorabilia / spare parts side. I am sure some members have an attic full of bits that may be of interest to others doing restoration projects.
As our classified section isnt a success, that would bring a plus. Wouldnt be high price items though so may not balance the books. But at least that is something the club can do to help.

I have no problem having some non aston cars included.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
I don’t think it’s just Aston that are starting to suffer at auction etc, but I do wish I kept some of my old Fords now Ha Ha
Quote 0 0