Lord Rowley
Ladies & Gentlemen, your ATTENTION please !

A Young Blade from that excellent "parallel forum" Piston Heads, has organised a run out to my Beloved County of Essex, from his beloved metropolis of Kings Cross.

Char & butties are apparently being provided by Gavin and his Team at Grange (who of course generously supported Ed Cunnigham's Caper at Burghley House).

Rendezvous time is 10:30 a.m so rather civilised and therefore attainable I feel.

I have his permission to introduce the event to my Fellow Members and he has said "the more, the merrier".

I have not met the blighter and suspect he may not be A Member, as he would have put it on here himself, however, he DOES seem "One Of Us". I present his car ownership as evidence:
Current
McLaren 12c
Aston Martin Vanquish

Past
Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Carbon Black
Audi R8 V10 Manual
Aston Martin V8 Vantage 4.7 Sportshift
Bentley Continental GT
Audi A5.

He says:"I live in the greatest city on Earth: London. Despite the traffic I love driving around and seeing loads of cool cars. I normally post in the Aston forums so catch me there."

Sounds a Top Chap to me!

His nom de plume is Nijius Maximus (I'm thinking Russell Crowe here) and he has put some excellent pics on P.H.

Those of us Essex-based or even Essex-bound (as opposed to egg-bound ;-)), might enjoy a final local hurrah before hibernation (if not driving to NEC).

I have registered Lady Rowley's Tweety-Pie and my Mr Martin so there will be at least 2 Members there - easy for us of course, as her Estate is only 5mins across the fields and she canters over there on one of her fillies most mornings. When I tried to do that though, she caught me and I got a slap from BOTH of them :-(

I have C&P'd Nij's invitation below:

"Open to Aston and Supercar owners, Aston Martin Brentwood have kindly organised breakfast snacks and drinks for us at 10.30am. We will be parking up, enjoying some breakfast and checking out some Astons.

We will then proceed as a convoy on a route along some of the great country roads in the area. It should be a great start to a Sunday!

I will be driving down from King's Cross as a mini convoy earlier in the morning at 9am if you wish to join us.

If enough people are interested we may also stop off for lunch. More details to follow.

You'll need to register for your FREE tickets from here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/brentwood-breakfast...

This makes it a lot easier for me to track the event and its attendees and message them if necessary. Hope to see you guys there!

SWMBO's and WAGS will be made MOST WELCOME.

Also we've got 4 McLarens coming so far..."

P.s.
Nij is hoping to get Lancasters at Colchester to lay on something around lunchtime but has not heard back yet.

Hope to see many of you there.

Lancelot Rowley, Lord.

(Now to get 'Er Ladyship to hunt out her white handbag to match those white stilletoes).

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Enjoy LR and at least the food will be good for you this time!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Ouch !
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
27 cars (ASTONS and Maclarens), breakfast "pastries" and coffee supplied by Grange Motors, Brentwood, then onto lunch at Bentley Golf Club.

No rain forecast.

How very "un-Essex".  ;-)

Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Will be there....
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Well done Tony - wonder if the P.H "should I buy a RED Aston Martin?" chappie will be there to join us - The Red or Dead Brigade ?
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Hoping to pop along to this. Couldn't get the booking link to work though. Presume I can just rock up in something suitable?
Quote 0 0
db7 gts
I can't get link to work either!
Hoping to come along too.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
I'm sure there will be no problem Gentlemen - Nij, the organiser has said "more the merrier" but Grange have said they can take 30 cars and 27 have registered but as you know, there are always plenty of no-shows at these informal gatherings. Large car park opposite in The Bull (nice gastro pub) anyway and by the time the Sunday-lunchers start to arrive, we would have moved on to The Bentley Golf Club/Katz Pole-Dancing Club in Bas.Vegas anyway ;-)

Nij is not yet a Member but has asked what I think (fatal :-). I simply said that if some of The Chaps can take the time away from running British Industry and tending their Estates, you'll see what a bunch of a Fine Young Cannibals we all are and want to sign up with Mr Aylott immediately. ;-)

So come on chaps, let's sport those red (and blue) grille badges on Sunday!

Lord AND Lady Rowley. ;-)
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Lord Rowley wrote:

I'm sure there will be no problem Gentlemen - Nij, the organiser has said "more the merrier" but Grange have said they can take 30 cars and 27 have registered but as you know, there are always plenty of no-shows at these informal gatherings. Large car park opposite in The Bull (nice gastro pub) anyway and by the time the Sunday-lunchers start to arrive, we would have moved on to The Bentley Golf Club/Katz Pole-Dancing Club in Bas.Vegas anyway ;-)

Nij is not yet a Member but has asked what I think (fatal :-). I simply said that if some of The Chaps can take the time away from running British Industry and tending their Estates, you'll see what a bunch of a Fine Young Cannibals we all are and want to sign up with Mr Aylott immediately. ;-)

So come on chaps, let's sport those red (and blue) grille badges on Sunday!

Lord AND Lady Rowley. ;-)

Red trousers too eh LR??? LOL
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
NOT in Essex Mr Gun,
We favour plus-fours out here.......
Especially if we end up at the Bentley Golf Club because I can then pretend to be Auric Goldfinger ! 👍
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Lord Rowley wrote:

NOT in Essex Mr Gun,
We favour plus-fours out here.......
Especially if we end up at the Bentley Golf Club because I can then pretend to be Auric Goldfinger ! 👍

LMAO, Just keep your head down if Odd job is around.

Regards,
Quote 0 0