GillianF
We joined Area 22 at this event yesterday.  There were many interesting cars on parade but this one was very special.

P1170836.jpeg 
Quote 3 0
Vanquish Rider
I so love the colour on these cars. It can only be one manufacturer as soon as you see it. Lovely car also. 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Any idea on the (chassis) number ? Assuming it's a 'real' one !
Looks great, pity about the rollover bar.
Quote 0 0
GillianF
John Purser wrote:
Any idea on the (chassis) number ? Assuming it's a 'real' one !
Looks great, pity about the rollover bar.

Hi John - no chasis number though we were assured it was the real thing.  Here is a shot showing the reg if that helps.  The owner wasn't there it was being driven by the Chief Marshall.

Gillian

P1170829.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
It's competed at Goodwood Revival so hardly a Bill Monk special from just up the road!
Quote 1 0
Vanquish Rider
Needs an MOT though!!!

Z.jpg 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
GillianF
[QUOTE=Vanquish Rider]Needs an MOT though!!

Z.jpgNot if it was first registered over 40 years ago (I think) most classics are exempt from MOT's now.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Agreed but 2012 was long before that rule came into force. Unless it has been in storage?

But the MOT checker is a good way of spotting copy cars (Which I approve of by the way, as long as they are done properly of course).
SteveE

Quote 0 0
GillianF
Well here's another for you to ponder. Don't know about the Jag but the passenger was definitely the real thing!

P1170832.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Gotta be Norman Dewis ! What a guy.
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
Driver looks a bit like Ed China. Might be a wheeler dealer car [frown]
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 1 0
99hjhm
The DB3S is Chassis 104, engine number DP/101/11

Its registered as Aston Martin Virage Volante, first registered 12-11-1990 according to my sources. Yes really.

You do have to be careful around those parts as NMV says, I have a series of photos taken by an MOT tester from those parts and the Bill Monk built car(probably an early one) is as good as a factory 3S.

Quote 1 0
rcfurse
Bill was pretty good at his craft. He rebuilt my 2/4 and a couple of other cars.
Quote 0 0
GillianF
The DB3S is Chassis 104, engine number DP/101/11

Its registered as Aston Martin Virage Volante, first registered 12-11-1990 according to my sources. Yes really.

You do have to be careful around those parts as NMV says, I have a series of photos taken by an MOT tester from those parts and the Bill Monk built car(probably an early one) is as good as a factory 3S.

Ah well hoodwinked or not it was still a thing of beauty to look at! 
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Surely it needs an MOT then if it is only a 1990 car?

I also thought Lord March did not allow recreations to be raced at Goodwood. He spoke firmly enough about this when the DB4GT recreations were getting built? However, I understand much of what we see race at Goodwood these days is a carbon copy of the real thing which is tucked away safe somewhere? It's only a rumour, but this car adds more substance to it?

SteveE

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
We always seem to get back to the same place. Triggers Broom.
Bill Monk built a lot or cars, some more authentic copies than others but the good ones are a joy to behold, a bit like Mo55ie.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
I'd love one. No complaints from me, when they are made that well and that genuinely it would offer a very realistic experience. Just Like MO55IE.

Triggers broom, kind of like 33 EJB, I wonder how much of that car actually was on the Monte wine?
SteveE

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Great to hear the car is the real deal. However, still love those super authentic homage cars. Built correctly they offer the full experience. And that has to be a good thing.
SteveE

Quote 0 0
John Purser
Real deal as in 'know history' : when DB3S/112 was written off at Pikes Peak, Len Auerbach got hold of the body and used it on /104, which for reasons I'm nor sure of (but someone will know for sure) had lost its original body when owned in the USA by a driver called Downing. Not really Triggers Broom, though !
Quote 0 0
GillianF
Wow that's very thorough thanks.  I never realised when I posted one photo it would cause such controversy! [smile]
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
And there was I thinking that I had overlooked the Virage Volante for my stable. It was very elegant!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
GillianF wrote:
Wow that's very thorough thanks.  I never realised when I posted one photo it would cause such controversy! [smile]

I think that is 'create such interest' - but I'm puzzled about the Pikes Peak reference in the normally infallible "Register"
Quote 0 0
Bruno
John, there are literally hundreds of innacuracies in the registers over the years
Quote 0 0