tony-hall-40
Have found out Brooklands Motor Museum will be opening new years day.......will be taking a drive out there to see.....any members intreseted....will meet you there from 10 am onwards
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Sorry can't make it---have a good time.
Quote 0 0
David W.
I will be going, but having celebrated NYsE near Cambridge may not be there by 10.00!
DW
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
some pics of the day...a very good turn out of various cars,,...only saw one other Aston..

can you guess the aircraft?
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Great photos, I'll have to go there some time, that Wellington is great, as is the Aston.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The Wellington reminds me of a scene from Dambusters film. When requesting the use of a Wellington for his bouncing bomb experiments the man from the Ministry asks what possible excuse he could give to lend him one. Barnes Wallace suggests he says that it might be helpful to suggest he designed it!

I can't make out what the jet is, a harrier perhaps?
Quote 0 0
nigsharky
Or perhaps a Jaguar aircraft, its a single seater. Great pics
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
V12 MCC wrote:

The Wellington reminds me of a scene from Dambusters film. When requesting the use of a Wellington for his bouncing bomb experiments the man from the Ministry asks what possible excuse he could give to lend him one. Barnes Wallace suggests he says that it might be helpful to suggest he designed it!

I can't make out what the jet is, a harrier perhaps?
well done......is infact the first prototype vtol1........a harrier..!!!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Am I incorrect or where the prototype Harriers called Kestrels?
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
The Kestral was a predecessor to the Harrier rather than a prototype - they looked similar but the Harrier was almost a completely new design - I do have clear memories of test flights for the Harrier GR1 at Filton, when they were developing the Pegasus engines and they were pleased to have actually managed to get enough power to hover a few feet above ground with no weapons load and nearly no fuel. Engine development (for all engines in those days - 1967- was a slow process of trial and error, the Pegasus had been evolving for many years, even by that time. The same was true for the Olympus engine for Concorde.

Happy days
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks for the information.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Tim M wrote:

Great photos, I'll have to go there some time, that Wellington is great, as is the Aston.
+1
The Double Twelve (middle of June) is worth considering as a date to go - access to entire Musuem (cars, motorcycles, bicycles as well as aircraft) plus the Double Twelve concours and driving tests. End of what now sounds like a very thinly disguised advertisement  ;D
Quote 0 0
David W.
One from today

Quote 0 0
David W.

Quote 0 0