Damen
All

I am working on an extremely exciting project and would very much like your help.

All with become clear on 4th April 2008, when the press day occurs.  However, just to give you a taste, I am looking for examples of the following:

i.  DB4 series 1 - 5;
ii. DB4 convertible;
iii. DB4 GT;
iv. DB4 GT Zagato; and
v. a Project car

in either original or fantastic condition.

If you have one of the above and you are available on 4th April 2008 and can be in the South of England, then please email me at damenbennion@yahoo.co.uk.

More will be revealed very soon, but this is going to be something very, very special!!!!

Thanks.

Damen
Quote 0 0
justinkennedy
Damen,

Are you ready to reveal the "more" yet?
Quote 0 0
Damen
All

Brooklands Double 12 - 28/29 June 2008

This unique new event, organised by Brooklands Museum and Mercedes-Benz World, combines the best of a world-class Concours d'Elegance with the action of pre-war rally tests.  See the very best examples of veteran, vintage and classic cars being judged for their style, and their drivers being tested on their skills around the bollards. All backed up by more of the displays and special events - ranging from Formula One car demonstrations to vintage bicycle races - you saw at the Brooklands Centenary Festival in 2007.

There will be a special class to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the launch of the DB4, so this event promises to be a spectacular weekend for the Aston Martin enthusiast and, in particular, the fan/owner of a DB4.  In fact, there may still be the opportunity for you to enter your DB4.  If you wish to do so, then please either telephone me on 07920 233640 or at damenbennion@yahoo.co.uk.

More information will follow.

Best regards.

Damen
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Whatever. Sounds like a lot of fun to me, and just the sort of event Brooklands has been in need of for years. A pre-war festival of speed? With MB World on site the arena is huge, better than one could have reasonably hoped until recent times.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Though nothing to do with this event (I should stress strongly), I just thought I'd mention that there is an AMOC DB4 50th birthday event thread going under "Events".

Sorry for the mini-hijack, Damen, though there are (far) worse sins of course. 
Quote 0 0
justinkennedy
Did anyone attend?  Got any photos?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Bulldog wrote:

Did anyone attend?  Got any photos?

Damen had put together a dozen DB4s and a superb Series 1 coupe won. There were Astons in prewar and postwar classes in the driving test and Concours d' Elegance
An RAC Rally outright winner DB2 took second in the Mille Miglia/Rally cars class.
I know photos exist but I was a bit busy and didn't take any.
15,000 people attended, 120 + in the competition element.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
The event comes up on Flickr and Youtube.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnyw/sets/72157605882992895/

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=brooklands+double+twelve&search_type=
Quote 0 0