atlast313 Show full post »
Lord Rowley
Oh VERY funny Mr Watch Finder General - kick a Lord when he's having his time of the month.

Where's my sextant - I'm off to Connettycoat.

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
As the year goes to bed and I prepare to put The Beast into hibernation, I realise how much I am looking fwd to Sping/Summer 2016 already !🌞🌞🌞

So far, I believe ED50's little bun-fight is the only escapade I can plan for.

WHO ELSE IS IN......?
Quote 0 0
Gibberish
Well done Ed. Nice to see DB9 owners taking the lead in showing early support  for Burghley. 
Quote 0 0
ED50
DB9 Chris wrote:

Well done Ed. Nice to see DB9 owners taking the lead in showing early support  for Burghley. 

Hello Chris,

Yep, 9's have the early lead with V8 Vantage in close attention at this early stage of this Wacky Race.

It will be interesting to see how things develop as I'm going to update the league table regularly out of interest as we go along.

That of course is if I don't lose the plot totally along the way……..

I'll be expecting a bit of a rush come Dec/Jan when we start to rev things up a bit with hopefully a run on the earlier DB cars coming to the party.

Its a good idea that Wedgie had there,I should have been a bit sharper me thinks.

I'm over at Burghley again tomorrow for another meeting as I'm still expanding the field naughtily and need some extra space…..

Best grovelling gear on tomorrow …...

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Dear Mr Ed,
If you're going to expand the field, you'll have to get down off the fence. 😉

Can I bagsy the title Penelope Pitstop please.
Quote 0 0
Webby
I haven't got access to Photoshop at the moment but, if I did, I'd replace the Studebaker Hawk with a more fitting model and propose this as the publicity cover for the event.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Would I be correct in thinking that horse is the original (ie. not OUR OWN) "Mr Ed" ?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Indeed it is your Lordship, when he drove for Studebaker. Here's a clip of him doing so.

Quote 0 0
atlast313
Are you sure Mr Ed ?  Looks like Champion The Wonder Horse !!!!
Quote 0 0
ED50
Hello the old talking horse here... I knew before long the truth would be out and everyone would know that I am indeed half man half horse and licensed to pull... carts...

Well I thought as I've spent a very pleasant morning over at Burghley with the Events Manager I thought I'd just post to say what a wonderful place you'll all be coming to visit next July.

http://www.burghley.co.uk

As of to day my outline field plans were passed,stamped and approved and they've even given over some extra lawnage for all the extra cars we are sure to attract once the old ground bait starts being laid down come mid December...

The plans are so good I'm really excited and I'm now even considering going myself so make sure you plan to be there as you won't be wanting to miss out on whats in store.

Had another exceptional additional to the field sign up today and also received 3 very generous donations to the Auction including a Annual
Service to any Aston Martin... ;D

Well thats a bit of Friday pre baiting done so if your it stirs your interest please let me know as I'm now taking registrations so who'll be lucky number 100 to sign up I wonder...
Quote 0 0
asington
Champion the Wonder Horse was supposed to be in the cowboy period so about 60 years before the Studebaker - even before the Model T!
Quote 0 0
atlast313
Now now Andrew,not like you to fall for a wind up like that.But I am sure they had an open back truck as well.
My grandfather used to drive about in a Studebaker, big wings as well.That would be the car.

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
"Lawnage" - what lovely wordsmithery.
Must try to slip that in somewhere...

Penelope P.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Lord Rowley wrote:

Would I be correct in thinking that horse is the original (ie. not OUR OWN) "Mr Ed" ?

In the other stable is Mr Dead!!!!! AKA Paul Whitehouse from the fast show!!! Just waiting for him to appear. LOL
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Mr Dead - yes but motor based, I think I preferred the 2 gay Dutch cops. They were  "Nyschh"
Otherwise, it's obviously Rowley Birkin Q.C - pure comic genius. 👍🇬🇧👍
Quote 0 0
ED50
Up dated list for anyone thats interested in the numbers.

Thanks to Mr Purser for signing up with his I6,come on follow your leader…………….. LOL

Lagonda 1934……………………….1
DB2/4………………………………...2
DB4…………………………………...1
DB5…………………………………...1
DB6…………………………………...2
NP, Vantage and Virage……………6
DB7 I6………………………………..7
DB7 Vantage………………………..5
Zagato's……………………………...2
Wedgies………………………………4
Rapide………………………………..4
Vanquish……………………………..5
New Vanquish……………………….3
Gaydon DBS…………………………9
Gaydon V8 Vantage……………….15
Gaydon V8S Vantage……………….5
Gaydon V12 Vantage……………….8
Gaydon V12S Vantage……………..4
Gaydon V12VSR Vantage………….2
DB9………………………………….17
Cygnet………………………………..2
DBR 1 rep…………………………….2

Rough tot up so apologies if I've missed some, so circa 106 registered and its not even Christmas yet.

Once we start revving it up I'm sure plenty of early DB's and Pre War vehicles will start to surface………. ,I 'm pretty confident of that.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
I thought it was Lady Sara's i6 ? 😉
Quote 0 0
ED50
Just popped another Wedge on the list.

If you've got a Wedge please sign up as I'm looking out for at least 10 for a special place I've earmarked for them.

Well special birthday and all that...

FYI, Had a cracking donation come through from my canvassing efforts at the CCS at the NEC last weekend... ;D

Thanks to Classic Additions I'm pleased to announce we will be Auctioning off a brand new Super Stretch Black and Silver piped indoor car cover complete with winged motif at Burghley.

See it restores the faith in the human race as there are still kind and generous people and companies about that are prepared to help and support an event such as ours.

Got some great auction lots already which I'll let out of the bag as we go along but if you wish to offer a donation for the raffle,auction or simply the fund pot please get in touch.

I have started a Virgin Money Giving Page if anyones interested in supporting the charities at this very early stage.

http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/Burghleyastonmartin2016

Right thats me off to the airport for an early flight,back in a week or two...
Quote 0 0
Webby
Topic continues in a new thread... http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?topic=31885.0
Quote 0 0