Rich5ltr
Location: Burghley House, Stamford , Lincolnshire, PE9 3JY Burghley House web site

Date: Sunday 27th July 2014 entrance from 9.00am to approx. 4.30pm.

Description: A gathering of Aston Martins and their owners on the main lawns of this wonderful Stately Home.

Costs: Concessions have been made for entry to the House and Gardens. Admission to the grounds, £5.00 per car with a further charge of £6.35 per person for the House tour and visit to the gardens (normal entry charge £12.70 per person).

So what’s taking place? All Aston Martins will be displayed on the manicured lawns and owners will have the opportunity to have their car photographed in front of Burghley's famous Golden Gate.

There will be a charity raffle and a blind auction for some fantastic prizes with all proceeds going to charity. There will also be various trade stands in attendance to capture your attention with a wealth of knowledge at hand to discuss any questions or upgrades regarding the marque in general.

Register your interest in attending the event here or contact Ed Cunningham directly by e-mail edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com - alternatively the Pistonheads Aston Martin forum has details under the Burghley House Event.

There are already over 100 Astons registered and it promises to be a wonderful gathering so get your name on the list now!
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
John B
I have already put my name down via the Pistonheads thread. There are 100 + cars and owners registered now. Should be a really great gathering and a feast for the eyes!
Quote 0 0
asington
Have added my name too!
Quote 0 0
GaryU
I am going as well, with both Zagato's
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Will look forward to seeing that Gary but how will drive them both

Anyway, I'll be there in my DB MkIII and hope to see some other Felthams and classic DBs.

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Rich, Is there a limit to the amount that can attend?
Quote 0 0
GaryU
Rich5ltr wrote:

Will look forward to seeing that Gary but how will drive them both

I fitted a tow bar to the Coupe so I can tow the other one in a trailer.
Its not far, so the recommended two weight of the zagato (0.0Kg) is not a problem.
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
DB PHiL wrote:
Rich, Is there a limit to the amount that can attend?

No, absolutely not. Ed is hoping to get a couple of hundred but says the lawns are huge so go for it! 

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Thanks Rich, I'll do my best to attend.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Looking good. I think I'll put a tow bar on the Cygnet and pull the Lagonda - better power to weight ratio
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Welcome....

You can help
To collect some more in.
Young and old people,
Let's get them all in.

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Webby, Can this event be put on the AMOC Callendar?
Quote 0 0
Webby
As it is not an AMOC event, or one that the club is officially attending the short answer is no. The organizer would need to contact Club HQ or the Social sub-committee to make that happen.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I will have a chat with Michael to see if/how the club can be involved...

Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
This does clash with  the AMOC event at  the Silverstone Classic weekend so I look forward to seeing you all at SC on the Friday and Saturday and to me being able to read the papers and have a wander around the rest of the show on the Sunday when the dust balls blow through the AM Display!
Quote 0 0
ED50
Hi Jane,

Sorry but when I was given a date way back when by Burghley Estates I had no idea that it would clash with an AMOC event,hopefully there will be plenty of folk to go round
and I'm sure you will be extremely well supported on the Sunday.

I did contact AMOC about this event last August and have had several conversations with them and with my area rep about it since, but no one mentioned this unfortunate clash of dates.

I can only apologise on this occasion as no clash was intended.

Kind Regards,

Ed.
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane

Hi Ed,

There are plenty of Astons to go around and I am just sorry that I will not be able to join you as it sounds like a great day.

All the best

Jane
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Sounds good to me.
Quote 0 0
ED50
Just to let everyone know I intend to post regular updates and drip feed information about the event on this thread,hopefully to keep peoples interest and hopefully encourage others to join in.

The event planning is now building momentum and as part of my unofficial press releases I'm pleased to announce that Bamford Rose will be occupying 2 trade stands.

The first stand will be to Show Case the Companies product range and will be manned by the BR team to answer all technical questions.

Their second stand will be there to fit on the day Manual Exhaust By Pass Valve Switches. These switches will be fitted for a one off price of £50.00, which BR are kindly donating in full to our Charity fund,so if you fancy that bring your £50.00 along on the day and have it fitted while you enjoy the day.

As this may be a popular enhancement could anyone considering it please let me know so Mike's team can be fully armed ready for the onslaught.

Well thats my first bit of news I'm letting out of the bag so to speak,so please support the day.

I'll keep you posted so keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Ed.
Quote 0 0
ED50
Just a quick informal update for those that are interested,

I can now announce that we have 130 cars registered to attend and I've still got room for plenty more so if I can encourage you along please let me know and I'll register you for this exciting event.

My charity raffle pot is steadily rising with lots of nice things to be won,I'm also running a blind auction if anyone wishes to put in a confidential bid for any of the current main donations.

If you wish to bid just let me know and I'll log your bid confidentially until the day,secondly you may on the day hand in a sealed envelope with your bid and contact details inside,please put on the outside what you are bidding for though to help my pea like brain cope.

Here's 3 items you may be interested in bidding for,

1, An Annual Service to your Aston Martin by a well known Independent Aston Dealer.

2, Have your car fitted with a Standard Expel Paint Protection Film by the UK's Premier Installer,this item alone is valued at over £1000 pounds.

3, A full days enhancement to your Aston Martin by a well know leading detailer who will come to your premises to work his magic.

Well as you can see I've been busy trying to put together an entertaining day for anyone that wishes to attend,so as I say I've got plenty of room for more to attend at Burghley as they seem to have plenty of grass so please try and join in if you can.

If anyone requires any further information or has any questions please shout as I will be pleased to assist in any way I can so feel free to pm me or e-mail to edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com

Finally may I say as this is a charity event with all proceeds going to charity there is no financial gain to myself or anyone else involved in the day.

Thanks for the support from members so far and now we've sadly lost Hever for this year please try to come along and support this new event as I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Ed.
Quote 0 0
ED50
Hi,

Just to keep the ball rolling I'd just like to announce Lancaster Aston Martin of Cambridge will be supporting the day and will be in attendance displaying a few new cars for your inspection and enjoyment.

I still have room for a few more Exhaust by pass valve fitments if anybody fancies a quick enhancement on the day,its £50.00 fitted which goes in its entirety to our Charities.

Our Charities that will benefit from the day will be Cancer Research UK and the MacMillian Cancer support organisation for which I am an official fund raiser,if anyone cares to put forward a raffle prize to boost
our charity activities pot I would be grateful and most pleased to hear from you by e-mail,

edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com

I noticed a comment left on Tony's Hever thread that said something along the lines of after hearing of Hever's demise,"what ever shall we do now"………….well may I politely suggest and encourage you to pop
along to Burghley on the 27th of July to sample and enjoy the day of fun I'm putting together for every bodies enjoyment.

If you fancy it or have any questions please shout up or simply let me know on my e-mail and I'll register your attendance and/or field any questions you may have.

Thanks again for the support from the AMOC,"the club" and members so far and I do hope I can encourage a few more of you along to try this new event.

Ed.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Great work Ed and with 140 Astons already committed to the day it is going to be a truly fantastic gathering of Astons.  One definitely not to miss.

If you haven't already got your name down to attend then you need to think very seriously about doing so.  With the centenary events having now passed I doubt whether there will be many events when we get so many Astons together.
Quote 0 0
ED50
Thanks Ian,

I'm trying really hard as an independent to deliver a first class event for every bodies enjoyment,I've got a few things up my sleeve to filter in as the event draws closer to help heighten interest and hopefully
boost the numbers further.

Thanks again for your support which is sincerely appreciated and I really look forward to meeting you,Tim and the others that are making the long trip up from your region to enjoy the weekend.

Plenty more room if anyone else wants to come as Burghley covers 1300 acres so I think we can safely say we can squeeze a few more in yet.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
It really sounds like a great event Ed and I'm looking forward to coming. I will do my best to encourage a few of the older cars along too but you know what people are like, they don't get excited about motoring until the sun comes out! Well today felt like the first day of spring so maybe we'll get some signing up.

Quote 0 0
Downr
Rich5ltr wrote:

It really sounds like a great event Ed and I'm looking forward to coming. I will do my best to encourage a few of the older cars along too but you know what people are like, they don't get excited about motoring until the sun comes out! Well today felt like the first day of spring so maybe we'll get some signing up.

its more a question of whether the car will make it that far for me
Quote 0 0