Rich5ltr Show full post »
Aldridge
Another well done Ed! Weather spot on, unusual to get overflown by a couple of spirited Spits. Absolutely up for another go next year (maybe try and avoid the Silverstone Classic weekend next year for a higher attendance maybe?!)
Thanks again
James and Martin
Quote 0 0
steveXE624
I  must add my congratulations to those that have gone before.

What an absolutely brilliant day, well organised and an achievement that Ed has every right to be extremely proud of. From floating the idea on Pistonheads back in August last year, this has grown in to something that I doubt many expected and it is all the more impressive considering this was pretty much a single-handed effort (albeit it with generous support of his family and friends)

Silverstone Classic followed by Burghley - what an awesome weekend of Aston fun!  It was such a pleasant day, we were pretty much the last to leave!

It was great to chat to those who came over to see us at the AMOC Area 3 gazebo We got quite a few requests for membership info too, so new members may be on the way ...  Also great to chat with some of my fellow area reps - we nearly had enough for a Reps Meeting .... !

Looking forward to 2015, if Ed decides to take on the challenge for another year.  I want to get an article (with pics) together for AM News so hopefully this will inspire those who didn't come along to join us next year and boost the number even further - 350+ anyone?! ;D
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Great event Steve and one that AMOC needs to be part if Ed decides to go for it in 2015.  If he does it the aim will be to get over 500 Astons there and beat the world record.  What a great event it would be and we should be aiming to have the Club, the Trust and AML included in it.  If he decides on Burghley it could easily accommodate that number and would be a fabulous setting.  He will need all our support though and it should be provided.  I know that I will be there if it happens
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
IanV12VR wrote:
Great event Steve and one that AMOC needs to be part if Ed decides to go for it in 2015.

Agreed, it would be great if the Club did. I know he struggled to get any interest from AMOC in the early stages and resistance to promoting what was seen as a Pistonheads event through AMOC. I believe Ed has done remarkably well and any doubters should get behind him wholeheartedly should he consider doing something next year. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
steveXE624
Rich5ltr wrote:

I know he struggled to get any interest from AMOC

Almost true, although we (Area have supported the event from day one with publicity to area members through emails and to the wider club audience via AM News - Ed is from our area and Burghley House (just) falls in our region ....

We had quite a few Area 3 cars there but it would be brilliant if we could bring in lots more from the other regions. I think the photos and feedback from this year's event should help persuade those who were unsure of attending that this will be one of the 'not to be missed' highlights of 2015 if it is repeated next year ....
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
SteveP wrote:
Almost true, although we (Area have supported the event from day one

No offence intended

Quote 0 0
steveXE624
Rich5ltr wrote:
No offence intended

None taken
Quote 0 0
atlast313
Cannot imagine who put the &amp's in my post,but hope you enjoyed yourself.!!!
Quote 0 0
ED50
Thank you Gentlemen for your positive response to my single handed attempt at putting a few cars in a field……….. ;D

All that has been said is fact and I tried serval times over to get the support I thought the club would give,but with Silverstone on the agenda little or no interest was shown the most surprising element of it all was the frustration in not getting any form of reply to emails and phone calls………

But never mind its water under the bridge,maybe someone will in future listen to a sound proposal that is being run and I think you will agree with me on this,in a most professional manner.

For a first attempt at a bigger event I thought it was rather good and the reaction just goes to show there is room for such an event,I treated this as a job of work but did it as an interest or hobby.

249 cars graced Burghley on a tough weekend with other main events taking place elsewhere it was a fair result,if I consider next year which is probable I would try to avoid any clash but unfortunately I was given my date before the classic date appeared.

If anyone wants to point in the right direction for a good weekend in the Summer I'll gladly take it on board.

If the interest is there and the club is interested I'm sure they know of its happening so if they contact me it would be a positive step in building a world record attempt on the second coming of Burghley.

Thanks again for the positive feed back and I'll leave you with 2 things this evening,firstly the charity pot has now swelled to all most 11 Grand,thank you.

Secondly I have a link for pictures that I'd like to post up if and when permission is grated as I don't want to up skittle the Apple Gate and break the rules.

You can always pm me for a link if you wish, edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com

Thanks again for the support and the kindness in you donations.

Ed……... ;D
Quote 0 0
philmw
driven66 wrote:

Yes a lovely venue,nice hello at the gate (wish l was a bit younger ) and friendly people.Which made me think no AMOC members.!!
Fabulous site as you entered the ring. We were directed round all of it to make it three rows at the top,soon to be four.The two bananas caught you eye but not as much as DS 10 .this car made me envious and that does not happen very often.Prefer with hard top,but would not turn it away if left outside my house for me.Who ever you are everything right.
Spoke to the chap with the ONE 77, all the way from Wales by the look of it,and he apologised for it being a little dirty ?? Nice enough and were my favourite until DS 10 hit the scene.
Wonderful day out pity had to leave after three & a half hours, my COPD & ASTHMA do not like heat.
So much beauty in one place,and well organised congratulations waiting for next year now,but could not find bar,so had to drink out of the boot.

What is DS10. Which One-77?
Quote 0 0
Downr
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
driven66 wrote:
Spoke to the chap with the ONE 77, all the way from Wales by the look of it,and he apologised for it being a little dirty ?? Nice enough and were my favourite until DS 10  hit the scene.

There wasn't a One-77 or at least not that I saw - - can anyone confirm? There were plenty of AMOC members there though

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Rich5ltr wrote:

There wasn't a One-77 or at least not that I saw - - can anyone confirm? There were plenty of AMOC members there though

Rich, I am sure that if there had been a One-77 there Ed would have had it in the Inner Circle - I didn't see one there and got around most of the cars. As for DS 10 that is a very beautiful blue DBS Volante.  And, yes lots of AMOC members were there enjoying the day.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Of interest, there was a professional photographer at Burghley on Sunday and the link below shows several hundred of his photographs taken throughout the day. There are some genuinely excellent shots among them and I imagine pretty well one of every car that attended! Any proceeds from these will go towards Ed's chosen charities, Cancer Research and MacMillan Cancer Support.

http://www.skwimages.com/-/images/motorsport/aston-martin-burghley-house-gathering-july-2014

Quote 0 0
ED50
Gentlemen,

May I be cheeky one last time as I will be closing the Burghley Charity link in the next few days and wondered if I could ask
for one last push as the Charity Pot currently sit about £250 pounds short of an amazing 11 grand.

If anyone feels they could help me over the next big line please visit, http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/astonmartin to help conclude this years Burghley effort.

If it goes over 11 Grand this evening I will run the newly named AMF for you to come and enjoy next year…………do we have a deal….. ;D

Don't mention it to the Wife yet……….
Quote 0 0
asington
Ed - absolutely first class effort, well done. Having organised a car meet for 420 cars in 2000 I know how much goes into organising such an event. Incidentally.
Quote 0 0
breezer
That V12 Range Rover was pretty fantastic too wasn't it?  Speaking of engine swaps - I can't help but feel the DBR2 replica would be even more delicious with the V12 fitted...
Quote 0 0
ED50
The money raised by the Burghley House Aston Martin Event is £10,788.20.

Thank you all for your tremendous support and generosity in helping raise such a figure.

Please accept my sincere thanks and on that note I will sign off from this years Burghley Event by leaving you with my promise
to provide a bigger,better and more vibrant event for next year.

I'll organise it if you'll all support it,500 plus cars is a reasonable target,bring on the Aston Martin Festival 2015.

Thank you all,

Ed.
Quote 0 0
ED50
The fund for charity has passed 11k today……... ;D

I might leave it open over the weekend now.

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
ED50 wrote:
The fund for charity has passed 11k today

That'll be the chap with the Vanquish who refused to pay putting his fiver in  

Quote 0 0
ED50
Hi,

Just to let you know that excluding any photo revenue the Burghley House Event Raised...

£11,132.20 for Cancer Research UK and the MacMillan Organisation.

The money will be divided equally between the two Charities.

On behalf of myself and the two charities may I say a final thank you for the support and generosity shown by all that took part.

Cheers, you all helped make a difference.

Ed...
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Great achievement Ed, now go off and have a great holiday with your family
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Great achievement,  congratulations.  Enjoy your holiday

David
Quote 0 0