atfms Show full post »
cloudcatcher
Regarding Car Fest North
Well I would like to thank Andy for organising the North and wish Garry good luck with the South...I would love to be there but will be away in Devon that weekend with the boys.
On that point I would like to thank the members who I met for being so accommodating regarding my circumstances and having the boys with me all of the time and the generous offers of help to make attending easier for them. and of course allowing us to participate in the Aston Martin parade. I can tell you that for the boys that was the highlight of the weekend and to see their smiles for lap after lap brought a tear to my eye.
I can understand that for some people Car fest may not be quite what they are looking for, but for me it allowed me to participate in a club event whilst keeping and 8 and 12 year old entertained and fed so i would heartily recommend it as a family event.
Finally may I say, that the appreciation expressed by the public and the surprise shown by many of them over the fact that quite a few Aston owners are not necessarily millionaires  , are very approachable whether they are or are not ;D, and are quite prepared to spend time talking to them,  made all the hard work preparing the car and getting there very worthwhile.
I hope I have the opportunity to participate again in either carfest or a similar event and look forward to continuing the friendships the boys and I made whilst there.

My thanks again to Andy, Tom and their family's, the Marshalls and all the great people we met

David, Matthew and James W
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
cloudcatcher wrote:

Regarding Car Fest North
Well I would like to thank Andy for organising the North and wish Garry good luck with the South

My thanks again to Andy, Tom and their family's, the Marshalls and all the great people we met

David, Matthew and James W

It is posts like this one that make it all worthwhile. Andy, myself and many others on AMOC events are unpaid volunteers trying to keep the day job spinning and make the events the best we can. In the background there is often a staggering amount of admin to deal with, plus numerous Member emails and phone calls - it is not just parking cars..

We are not Thomas Cook, Kuoni, or whatever, and some Members forget that
Quote 0 0
GaryU
Garry

Glad to hear your not one of those large multinational travels agents.
Its always good to work with smaller, more helpful outfit, such as yourself.

We will be camping at Carfest south so could you please arrange the following.

Turn down service, Complete with chocolate on pillow.
Champagne on ice at arrival.
Flowers for ladies would be nice, but not an essential
Fresh towels, Dressing gown
Real slippers. not those nasty disposable ones.
Early morning alarm call.
News paper delivery.
Full english breakfast in bed.
Room (tent?) service whilst we enjoy the day.

Should it rain, I assume that you have made the arrangements for an immediate transfer to the nearest 5 star hotel.
(FOC of course.)

This is no more than one should expect from an unpaid volunteer for AMOC.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
GaryU wrote:
We will be camping at Carfest south so could you please arrange the following.Turn down service,  Complete with chocolate on pillow.Champagne on ice at arrival.Flowers for ladies would be nice, but not an essentialFresh towels, Dressing gownReal slippers.  not those nasty disposable ones.Early morning alarm call.News paper delivery.Full english breakfast in bed.Room (tent?) service whilst we enjoy the day.Should it rain, I assume that you have made the arrangements for an immediate transfer to the nearest 5 star hotel.(FOC of course.)

You'll find that's the Glamping but I believe it's fully booked with Mr Evans friends
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0