Rogala
The local AM dealership in Austin has acquired the rights to host monthly "Cars & Coffees" here in Central Texas.  These are very informal car shows, where people can come and go as they please, and there is no judging...just showing off one's car, and checking out the cars of other attendees.

The events will take place on the last Sunday of every month in Leander, Texas between 11AM and 2 PM.

The first event was today, and we had 130 classic and high performance cars show up in freezing temperatures !!!

Here are some photos...
Quote 0 0
Rogala
More Photos...
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
looks a good meet.....we should do more of this kinda thing over this side of the pond.......thanks for posting the pics..... banana :-*
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Andre Koneczny
Rogala - Great pictures - and even a better turn out of wonderful classic, exotic and cool cars.

How did the dealership get the word out to "non-Aston" owners in order to get so many different cars?

I am in the Washington, DC area - and I know there are tons of very interesting cars of all eras, makes and styles within 25 to 40 miles of the DC area..... I would like to see this sort of thing going on in our area.

Any info you can get me would be great - I'll push it trough the local Aston dealership as well as the local Ferrari dealership - and even the Corvette and Cobra clubs.
Quote 0 0
Rogala
Andre GTA wrote:

How did the dealership get the word out to "non-Aston" owners in order to get so many different cars?
He is a real "car guy" who also sells Lotus and Bentley as well as helping to sponsor the Texas "All British Car Show".  We also have about 10 VERY active central Texas auto clubs (Porsche, BMN, Ferrari, Lambo, Viper, Hot Rods, etc.) due to all the GREAT roads we have out here at the edge of the Texas Hill Country.

Each of these groups has charity events, and the dealer reached out to all of them in 2009 to help out...so in this case he called in some markers to make sure they all attended the kick off...and we believe (since it was so successful in spite of 30 degree Farenheit temperatures) that it will only grow from here...  It is very casual way to enjoy a lot of great cars from accross a broad spectrum.
Quote 0 0