MPD
I are very pleased to announce that the culmination of the centennial celebrations in 2013 will be a Centenary Concours in Kensington Gardens on the 21st July 2013.

One hundred iconic Aston Martins, each representing a chapter of the last 100 years, will grace the lawns in front of Kensington Palace.

In addition to this, members will be able to park their Aston Martins either side of the Broad Walk. The Broad Walk is the main thoroughfare, normally closed to motor vehicles in front of The Palace, which is nearly a kilometer in length. We have also secured Perks Field, adjacent to The Palace for additional members to park.

The event will be steered by the AMOC, but jointly involve the AMHT and AML Ltd and is destined to be a a spectacular event in this milestone of Aston Martin history.

Mark Donoghue
Chairman Centenary Concours
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Hi Mark,

Congratulations on getting the venue agreed and thank you for all your hard work and persistence to get a fabulous location which will be made all the more spectacular with a huge gathering of Astons.  Can't wait to see more info next month and sure it will be a very well supported event.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Great news Mark.
Well done to you and your team for securing a great venue. I am sure it will be a milestone event in the 2013 AMOC calendar.
Mike.
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Superb venue, for what promises to be an outstanding year for the Marque & Club!

RC
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Looking forward to it already.
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
In the diary - should be a fantastic weekend. Understand there is a Centenary  party the night before in London. Do we know the venue yet?
Quote 0 0
MPD
The venue for the party is in the final stages of planning now. It's not going to be a sit down dinner, but more of a champagne, cocktails and canapés party. An announcement from AML is imminent! Watch this space...
Quote 0 0
philmw
And invitation only
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Which all AMOC members will surely be recipients of from AML 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
john curtis
If not then an alternative  must be organised.
Quote 0 0
MPD
The 'Birthday Party' the evening before the Centenary Concours will be for members of the AMOC and guests of Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. As soon as the venue has been secured, i will post details on here and in the AM News.
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
Any news on the venue for the 'party' yet?
Quote 0 0
DB7Dom
Now that is the best venue, well done Mark.
The kettle is still working if you are out and about in the cold.
Regards,
Dominic.
Quote 0 0
MPD
DB7Dom wrote:

Now that is the best venue, well done Mark.
The kettle is still working if you are out and about in the cold.
Regards,
Dominic.

Thanks Dom for your kind words and invitation for coffee. Good to know the kettle is still working!
Quote 0 0
asington
Well done Mark - this should be a first-class 'do'. My Uncle Ken will be delighted! Andrew Sington!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Thanks for you kind words, but it's not all down to me! We have a team involved in the organisation of this and thanks must also go to Nick Hewitt and our Club Secretary Marc Aylott!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
asington wrote:
this should be a first-class 'do'

Did I miss it, what is the venue for the party? Kensington Palace?

Quote 0 0
vlad
Ken Sington's place.
Quote 0 0
asington
Oh crickey! I've got the champers ready but I can't compete with Dom's kettle!
Quote 0 0
ashview
Kensington Palace should be an excellent venue with plenty of parking for all Aston Enthusiasts, not just for the chosen 100.  I have already booked a hotel (with underground secure parking) for the whole weekend and I am Looking forward to the whole weekend with great excitement.  Lets hope the party on 20th July (our wedding anniversary) is not too exclusive or too expensive,  otherwise Dom will find himself with 2 more guests.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Can I ask where this information is taken from? I've not seen anythig in AM News and I read the forums most days? From what you're saying one can only attend teh Centenary Concours on Sunday if you arrive on Saturday and pay £100 - correct? 

Quote 0 0
weeksp
Hi Rich - my understanding is this only applies if you wish to display your Aston on the broadwalk !  otherwise as far as I can gather you can arrive as normal on the Sunday am to visit the concour event - I certainly intend to - 
Quote 0 0
Edsun
From AMOC Concours News on this site:

Centenary Celebration, Kensington Palace and Gardens, 21st July 2013
The culmination of the Centenary is to be staged in Kensington Gardens, Central London.

Kensington Gardens covers 260 acres and was originally part of Hyde Park. The Gardens with their magnificent trees are the setting for Kensington Palace, the birthplace of Queen Victoria who lived there until she became queen in 1837.

The Royal Parks are allowing Aston Martins to park along the Broadwalk, which runs from Black Lion Gate to Palace Gate in front of the Kensington Palace and in Perks Field, adjacent to the Palace.

The conditions The Royal Parks have set, are that any Aston Martins wishing to be displayed along the Broadwalk on the Sunday, must be in position by Saturday late afternoon, to alleviate danger to pedestrians the following day. There will be a 24 hours contingent by a contracted Security Company from Saturday evening and The Park will be closed from sunset to sunrise. Owners will not be able to leave until 1700h on the Sunday.

Those wishing to park in Perks Field, may arrive Sunday morning.

The cost for parking on the Broadwalk is £100 per car and in Perks Field £75, regardless of occupants.  Space will be limited, so if you would like to park in either of these locations, please register your interest with Anne Wright . Please supply details of your name, membership number, model of your Aston Martin and registration number.

THUS - £100 to park your car overnight. I suspect the charges demanded by the Royal Parks are significant, but as I live 2 miles away, my wife might object to my paying to park my car in a nice field.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Ah right that'll teach me to read the site in full, still £75 to park in the field on Sunday.   :-\

Quote 0 0
Brital
I was rather looking forward to participating! I don't mind the charge for parking on the Broadwalk, but effectively being impounded from Saturday pm until 5pm Sunday rather takes the edge off things I fear for those who have to balance other commitments out of town as well. I suspect we may have to hope there will be more local ways of celebrating.
Rattus Norvegicus. Never very far away. Allegedly the world's most successful mammal. 
Quote 0 0