MPD Show full post »
DB7Dom
I am definitely of the "more celebrations the better" camp (the one without tents, only once have I woken up with mystery grass stains on my knees?!).

We hope to take "100 up the hill" this is at the planning stage as a few nice houses now stand on Aston Hill plus it is now a public road.

If we get a firm plan in place you will all be the fist to know.

If we get to do it properly and it works doing it again in seven years time could be an option (107 DB7s up the hill?).
Good weekend to all,
Dom.
Quote 0 0
Edsun
There have been comments on this board about the cost of NCP parking for those who don't want the street or the £75 or £100 Royal Parks options. In the garage under Kensington Town Hall you can park all day, 9am to 6pm, on a Sunday  for just £6. Overnights in this car park, 6pm to 9am, is only £4 any day of the week. About half a mile from the Concours location.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Surely the whole point and pleasure is to park all the Astons as close together as possible. ie @ KP and not hidden away in underground car parks or streets away.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
john curtis
That's for Cygnets
Quote 0 0
Edsun
Wedgie wrote:

Surely the whole point and pleasure is to park all the Astons as close together as possible. ie @ KP and not hidden away in underground car parks or streets away.

;D

I agree with you entirely, but many have commented, and I agree, that £75 or £100 to park at Perks Field / Kensington Gardens, seems a lot of money. I am hoping, I expect in vain, that the 'powers that be' revisit the charges demanded.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
EdSunV8 wrote:

I agree with you entirely, but many have commented, and I agree, that £75 or £100 to park at Perks Field / Kensington Gardens, seems a lot of money. I am hoping, I expect in vain, that the 'powers that be' revisit the charges demanded.

We agree.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
philmw
Do we?
Quote 0 0
Webby
EdSunV8 wrote:

Talk to the hand...

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
philmw wrote:

Do we?

Where do you propose to park your car Phil?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
i still wanna know where all these £75/£100's are going too?
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
philmw
Wedgie wrote:

Where do you propose to park your car Phil?

Pay my £100, park at KP, and enjoy the celebrations.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
tony-hall-40 wrote:

i still wanna know where all these £75/£100's are going too?

The hire of the venue. There is some thing that says it cannot be a commercial event so AML cannot have a new car display and have smartly dressed sales people flogging cars. Ayway, the £100 is only a small part of the overall cost of me attending and is no way a deal breaker. Petrol, hotel, food and the cost of cover at work means that calculating the total cost is a sum I don't do. Just not worth it. The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Exactly only part of my outlay to join what will be a memorable and enjoyable event. £100 = tank of fuel
Quote 0 0
Russell
yes i have done more on a lap dance. as it happens, whilst i will be in london, does anyone know.....
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Russ, as it happens!
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Russell wrote:

yes i have done more on a lap dance. as it happens, whilst i will be in london, does anyone know.....

You've got expensive taste in lapdancers! 
Paul
Quote 0 0
Russell
yes but i skip the happy ending and go straight for the deliriously ecstatic one
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
after paying those prices i'd feel like i'd been stripped as well....
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Russell wrote:

yes but i skip the happy ending and go straight for the deliriously ecstatic one

Russell, we need to compare notes, preferably offline 
Paul
Quote 0 0
atom
Is it just me, or is anyone else a bit put off by a Central London venue..?  My idea of a pleasant day out in a classic car doesn't involve driving down Kensington High Street...  Personally, would have much preferred Blenheim or Althorp - but I'm sure on the day it will be great anyway.  Fingers crossed for good weather.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
tim_c wrote:

The hire of the venue. There is some thing that says it cannot be a commercial event so AML cannot have a new car display and  have smartly dressed sales people flogging cars.  

This sounds like the first really good bit of news that I've heard about this event. ???

Do please tell us more, Tim C (or anyone else involved in the planning side). What, precisely, will be the nature and degree of the AML presence on the day? Personally, beyond the nonsensical 'calculation' that turned 93 years into 100 in order to sell a few more cars this year, the other regrettable aspect of the 'celebration' as advertised was the prospect of an AMOC/AMHT members' event being turned into a full-blown AML marketing circus.
Quote 0 0
MPD
I have been observing the comments over the last few weeks regarding the Centennial Celebration in Kensington Palace and Gardens and I am now pleased to read some positive words.

The Centennial Celebration on the 21st July is a joint event between the AMOC, AMHT, AML Ltd which I am honoured to Chair on behalf of the Club.

As you are aware, this year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of Bamford and Martin, the company that was ultimately to become the company we know today.

Here is an update of the progress we have made to date:

• The event will officially be known as the Centennial Celebration.

• 100 Aston Martins, each representing a chapter in the Company’s history, will be invited to display on the complete length of the Broadwalk in chronological order.

• Many of these cars are from overseas collections and have never been seen in public.

• 25 Le Mans cars and the ‘Bond Aston Martins’ will be display on the lawns in front of the Palace, in Pebble Beach style layout.

• This area will be cordoned off from the general public and allow AMOC members a place to meet up. This will give members an opportunity to be up-close and personal with these cars and enjoy a complimentary glass of Taittinger Champagne.

• There will be parking for 400 Aston Martins in Perks Field at £75 per car, regardless of occupants. Any AMOC member not parking in Perks Field, may attend at no cost, including entry into the Le Mans enclosure. I suspect that parking in Perks Field will be an instant sell out and suggest registering your interest at HQ immediately.

• Further details of entry procedures will be announced in the coming month

• We have decided to drop the original title of Centenary Concours, as we thought it may deter some of the invited 100 car display owners to attend. There will be no Concours style judging of the 100 cars, but a small panel of celebrities will select their favorite car in the line-up.

• The party the evening before the Centennial Celebration will be organised by AML Ltd and further details will follow.

I hope the above is of some assistance in answering some of the questions that have been raised recently. This will be a one-off spectacular event. If you’re not really passionate about Aston Martin, you’ll stay at home, whinge about the cost of parking and forever regret not being there.
Quote 0 0
12 POT
It is evident that a great deal of effort and thought has been put into the planning of this event.  The location is one that will provide a spectacular back drop for the "Centenary Celebration" of this iconic British brand.  I suspect that when word spreads about this event there will be very considerable public interest and, that weather permitting, a great many people will travel to central London to see what promises to be a mouth watering display of Aston Martins and one that is unlikely to be repeated for a generation, or two. Can't wait!
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
can i park in perk field in my range rover and pay nothing?.....on another note..are all of those Guests with their bond cars etc....be paying the £100.00..? if not...why should the members be asked to cough up....the event i'm sure is going to be great...just the costs are too high and expecting members to pay for it at those levels is not justified....i already suspect the 100 has already been chosen , if not damn well near , and the party?...do we all get a chance of going or is it invite only to special guests who are displaying their cars at the members expense?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Sounds great Mark.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0