MPD Show full post »
Ian Postles
You coming on the train Tony??????
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
no...i have alternative parking....so i can walk round...take in the atmosphere....savour the day....at a fraction of the price of parking...also if it's wet...judging by the last 2 years is a good bet...i will be parked on concrete , whereas the majority or minority will be have paid 75 quid to park in a muddy field....and on that note...what if the field is too muddy to park in...will you all get refunds?
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
tony-hall-40 wrote:

no...i have alternative parking....so i can walk round...take in the atmosphere....savour the day....at a fraction of the price of parking...also if it's wet...judging by the last 2 years is a good bet...i will be parked on concrete , whereas the majority or minority will be have paid 75 quid to park in a muddy field....and on that note...what if the field is too muddy to park in...will you all get refunds?

If its too muddy I will come in the Range Rover 
Quote 0 0
Russell
its just mud, its just a car. so sodding what. i am not going to hang the bloody thing in the tate some time soon and you can wash it.
i am a doctor, i know these things.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Russell....you can park your wagon where ever you like and clean it as much as you like.....i was refering to the fact...you pay your money...if it's muddy will they even let you park in the field to park and get muddy....god forbid you churn up the field....has that eqaution even been thought of?...as i know for a fact that if the fields are too wet the Parks police and do gooders will not let you park....
i'am a cynic...i know these things...
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Russell
i am pretty sure that i could trust those here that are running the event that if you cant park there then there would be a refund if thats what you mean Tony ?
looking out the window now it wouldn't be a good idea for sure....
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
Any updates yet on the weekend yet? Understood we would know more info in March?
Quote 0 0
tim_c
I can officially say that from the cars that have confirmed they are comming for the timeline, you will not be disappointed. I'm totally giddy just thinking about it and must remember to pack a spare pair of undies on the day. The cars will be pant wettingly gorgeous.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
You'll be a popular chappie for those needing a damp rag to wipe the dust off the tyre tread.....i
Quote 0 0
philmw
Tim always has taken things in his strides. Just hope there aren't too many wedgies.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Phil

Only 1 as always.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Oh dear, class? Does that mean i'll have to remove my rear window sticker?

"No Fat Chicks - Low Suspension!"
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
geewizzpip wrote:

Oh dear, class? Does that mean i'll have to remove my rear window sticker?

"No Fat Chicks - Low Suspension!"
shouldn't that be "No Fat Chicks-Low Fat Suspension!"!!!
Quote 0 0
holllandn
Has anyone paid for their parking yet or is it pay on the day? I emailed ages ago and received an email saying more details to be released in March but so far nothing.
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
Same here an update would be nice - I expect we are waiting  for A.M. to make some decisions.
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Silverspeed wrote:

Same here an update would be nice - I expect we are waiting for A.M. to make some decisions.

Agreed chaps - I'm still waiting for an update as well ? not heard anything since I mailed my interest months ago, so presume its all still in the melting pot ? not holding my breath though re being offered a spot.
Quote 0 0
peterxjs
I will look at the Aston in the garage then get on the bus with my trusty pass and then enjoy the scene I am led to believe for free !!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Nick H wrote:

Has anyone paid for their parking yet or is it pay on the day? I emailed ages ago and received an email saying more details to be released in March but so far nothing.

I apologise for the radio silence with regard to this. AML are building a website to allow us to purchase tickets for the various events over the Centenary week, including tickets to the Centenary Celebration in Kensington Gardens on the 21st July.

The Broadwalk, where we are displaying the 100 Timeline cars , is open to the public and entry may be gained without a ticket.

AML's Centenary Concierge Service will contact all those who have expressed an interest to park in Perks Field (now over subscribed) in the next few weeks and issue them with tickets accordingly.

There are various other entry options available, but I am pleased to inform you that with support from Lockton, I have negotiated for 1000 free entry passes into the Le Mans VIP area to be given members of the AMOC, on a first come first served basis. (Priced at £50 each to the general public). Complimentary tea, and coffee will be served in this exclusive area, along with glass or champagne if you should desire!!

If you are allocated a parking pass into Perks Field, you will receive free entry into the Le Mans also.

I expect this website page to go live this week and assure you, I will post this link on this thread and generally across the website, as soon as I have approved it.

Please do not contact Club HQ, as I will furnish them with the information simultaneously on the website and they will have no further information to offer. Poor old Mr Aylott (Club Secretary) is snowed under with work as it is.

One piece of information I can divulge, as the AMOC's link with AML and Head of the Selection Panel for the 100 Timeline Cars and Le Mans cars, is that we will never see a collection of Aston Martins like this, at one time and in one place, in our lifetime again...
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Mark

If you haven't got a VIP area ticket will you be able to see the Le Mans cars from "outside"?

Thanks
Paul
Paul
Quote 0 0
MPD
Ockyclarke wrote:

Mark

If you haven't got a VIP area ticket will you be able to see the Le Mans cars from "outside"?

Thanks
Paul

Yes, indeed!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
You know how much I like lists.

Who is going to Kensington Palace on the Sunday and in what?
Who is in the Time Line display & in what?
Who has a ticket to the AML Bash the night before?

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Yes, indeed!

Thanks for the clarification
Paul
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Wedgie wrote:
Who is going to Kensington Palace on the Sunday and in what?
Who is in the Time Line display and in what?

The list of cars is being kept a secret so that it will be more of a surprise on the day.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I have a Centenary Event brochure from AML in PDF with prices. PM an email address if you want a copy. Too big to post here.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
tim_c wrote:

The list of cars is being kept a secret so that it will be more of a surprise on the day.

It will be a surprise if some of them don't turn up.
Roger I
Quote 0 0