Vulcan Show full post »
Rich5ltr
jonc wrote:
I thought the Spring Concours was supposed to be the northern venue - a nod to the northern people?

Exactly... As someone originally from 'the queen of the suburbs' I usually make a point of not going 'Sarf' of the river...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
rodgpeace
Mark,
Re the Spring Concours at Greenwich and the dinner the evening before, are you and the Committee planning to give provide options of possible places to stay and park? Or is this up to members to work out for themselves?
Roderick
Quote 0 0
MPD
rodgpeace wrote:

Mark,
Re the Spring Concours at Greenwich and the dinner the evening before, are you and the Committee planning to give provide options of possible places to stay and park? Or is this up to members to work out for themselves?
Roderick

I am in negotiations with The Old Royal Naval College to possibly park the cars over-night in the grounds of the College. I will advise imminently.

The International dinner is being organised by the Social Committee and I would imagine that they will be suggesting hotel accommodation in the area. Hope that helps.
Quote 0 0
philmw
Mark Donoghue wrote:

I am in negotiations with The Old Royal Naval College to possibly park the cars over-night in the grounds of the College.

Does that mean that concours cars can be legitimately trailered then?  Doesn't affect me as I'll be in Newport Pagnell, but may some others.
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
jonc wrote:

I thought the Spring Concours was supposed to be the northern venue - a nod to the northern people?

Now that you've got snow , I assume you'll think London is in the North ;D
Quote 0 0
MPD
philmw wrote:

Does that mean that concours cars can be legitimately trailered then?  Doesn't affect me as I'll be in Newport Pagnell, but may some others.

There is never a legitimate way to trailer your car to a Concours, unless its a race car and not road level, in my opinion!
Quote 0 0
philmw
Mark Donoghue wrote:

There is never a legitimate way to trailer your car to a Concours, unless its a race car and not road level, in my opinion!

That's my opinion too.  However, "must be driven from its overnight place of storage" may legitimize it for some.
Quote 0 0
Russell
very comical. nice one phil.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0