SJH Show full post »
tim_c
Wedgie wrote:

Phil,
No, I could bring my Omega 3.2 & put it in the Associate Class.

There has been a 2CV in associate before now - not mine but another forum contributor who may admit to this. Very nice car too
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
williamp
What could be interesting is to see a selection of "Tickford cars" as well. Its still a part of Astons history, but not a very big part. (Tickford Capri, metro, XJ-S, train carriages, Lancia Beta etc).

or David Brown tractors (this happens at porsche events- some nut always arrives with a Prosche tractor, claiming its new and experiemtal because the engines between the wheebase)

or a joint event with the Lagonda club (my favourite idea- well, how about it?? Would be great to see some lovelty pre-war Lagondas on show at the same time).

Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Or a special area for lawn mowers and their owners!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
If you want to see pre-war Lagondas, Ferraris, Vauxhalls, Smart Cars, Rovers, Italian exotics etc etc etc you could always join their owners clubs.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
philmw
Or just walk around the Aston car park at the next concours. 
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Williamp wrote:

What could be interesting is to see a selection of ..........Tickford train carriges

Now I would give a prize to the first Tickford Railway Coach at an AMOC event

Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Trailered or there under its own steam?

Roger I
Quote 0 0
John Purser
philmw wrote:

Or a special area for Vauxhalls

Someone who might have known better once entered his 2 day old Vauxhall Calibra in Associates. I had to judge it.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
geewizzpip wrote:

Or a special area for Rovers.

We'd have to check about admitting dogs, canine or otherwise - oops, that may be a bit too rude (since I also have a Rover....!)
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Williamp wrote:

or David Brown tractors (this happens at porsche events- some nut always arrives with a Porsche tractor, claiming its new and experiemtal because the engines between the wheebase)

careful, DB Tractor Club are VERY enthusiastic (and often have a very high level of preparation) but some of the venues might not like their parkland left neatly ploughed and drilled with winter wheat.....
PS Porsche (I think) only made golfcourse (and possible vineyard) tractors - see a photo in AMQ from a few years back commenting on the all-steel interior trim and seats !)
Quote 0 0
williamp
I'll admit John I'm not a tractor expert. Although I would like an excuse to buy a Lambourghini tractor....
Quote 0 0
steveXE624
Alanq wrote:

Anyway, a great day only spoilt somewhat by a close encounter with a 33ft pregnant woman 

You mean this thing?!

Quote 0 0
Alanq
steveXE624 wrote:

You mean this thing?!

That’s the thing! I saw it was “numbered 3 of 3” so there’s two more somewhere! I just can’t imagine what kind of place you’d have to have to think, “oh yes, that’ll finish the room off nicely”
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
I saw the one in NY last week
http://nycdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2007/08/motherly-armor.html
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Spring 2008 Concours now at Waddesdon?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
No, not again!! 
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The concours and auction appear to be on consecutive days in May. We could meet up on the Sunday morning of the concours and drive there together? Suggestions anybody?
Quote 0 0
Patrick 17367
AstonZagato wrote:

I saw the one in NY last week
http://nycdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2007/08/motherly-armor.html

This made me immediately think of the exhibition by the name of "Körperwelten" (or Body Worlds in English) of which you will all find more info on this link http://www.thetech.org/bodyworld/
And the really scary thing is that they are real...
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Hey LBS, I might have my Rover by then.  We could drive together.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
you're still getting one! And people say I'm mad!!
Quote 0 0