Doctor Houx
The 2nd running of this great event is tomorrow, held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital, Chelsea.

Last years inaugural event was fabulous. Loads of Le Mans cars from 20's to 90's plus classic rally cars and a huge contingent of mainly 60's to 80's classics. Plenty of AM's to see!

Sir Stirling Moss spoke as entertainingly as usual, plus Derek Bell, David Piper, Dickie Attwood, Ray Bellm, Chris Craft, Gordon Spice...........many of my heroes from the 70's and 80's Group C days.

A great day out, but lets hope the threatend rain stays away and saves me having to dry off the undertrays and chassis of my Vanquish SDP afterwards

Too late to enter your car now, but entry tickets are £20 each I think and open from 10.00 AM. 
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen.

Frank H. Area 14 (Norfolk) and Le Mans, France.
Quote 0 0
gracedieucourt
it was fun but very wet for an hour or so.

In terms of AML saw a few Vanqui, a DBS or two, a DB7 Vantage for sale at £25k and a coppery coloured One-77, which sounded spectacular

The Supercar (mainly Ferrari) parade stole the show really and nice to see two Lambo Silhouettes in one place out of the 79 built.

interesting to stage the event on the same day as the Skyride of 1000s of bicycles around closed central London roads...

Mike
Quote 0 0
John Purser
gracedieucourt wrote:

it was fun but very wet for an hour or so.

interesting to stage the event on the same day as the Skyride of 1000s of bicycles around closed central London roads...

Mike

Ah, the organiser clearly knew that Lionel Martin was a record breaking cyclist before he took up the 'sport' of motoring.
Something to think about for 2012 ...... and especially 2013
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
and you didn't notice my car in the Super car Paddock..!!!

one for Wedgie

Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Was it well attended as an event - not the cars and owners but visitors ?
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
very well attended....right up to the point the heavens opened for a good couple of hours.....would like to meet the little shit with a push chair though that scratched my rear bumper.....
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
tony-hall-40 wrote:
...would like to meet the little shit with a push chair though that scratched my rear bumper...
Sorry to hear that Tony but I am not surprised. It is symptomatic of the "couldn't care less" attitude of people these days. At public events at Goodwood I have often seen people drawing in the dust on the bonnets of someone else's pride & joy. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0