john curtis
It looks as if the dates will be 19,20,21 September.
As always there is a feeling of disorganisation and probably there will be little information for months.
I will contact Nick Brimblecombe and see if it is still his intention to arrange a grid of Astons.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Hi John, you'll see from other posts that these dates clash with Goodwood Revival. The other event in France to watch out for is the historics at Pau at the end of May which may have an AM dimension

Regards

David
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I'll start my empty promises to make it early this time John. I'm having a break from the Goodwoods, this sounds like a great alternative.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
nmv2and3 wrote:

Hi John, you'll see from other posts that these dates clash with Goodwood Revival. The other event in France to watch out for is the historics at Pau at the end of May which may have an AM dimension

Regards

David

Yes, but this is France. Here is a quote from an interesting forum where people close to the organizing comment.
"Il n'y aura en France les 20 et 21 septembre 2008 que le Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulême.

Pour le reste.......................!

Communication de la FFSA. "

On the 20 and 21 September in France there will only be the Circuit des Remparts.  For the rest..........................  ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Lordsoandso wrote:

I'll start my empty promises to make it early this time John. I'm having a break from the Goodwoods, this sounds like a great alternative.

I'll make an empty promise to meet you at Chez Paul for lunch on the Sunday. How's that?
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Sounds great 
Quote 0 0
john curtis
CIRCUIT DES REMPARTS, ANGOULEME  19 – 21 September 2008
I have had a meeting this week with the leading figures in the ACOCRA - the association that organises this historic meeting - and as a result have a clearer idea of how the event is shaping up to face the future, following an internal reorganisation and the departure of the previous Director. In addition I do have the official green light to coordinate for them a pre-war Aston Martin grid for the 2008 edition. The Grand Touring Club in the UK is therefore now making available to the Aston Martin (official AMOC?) participants a special travel package and hotel rooms in the central hotels in Angouleme for the weekend. More details of all this will be shortly available from Thomas Brimblecombe at The Grand Touring Club;
Thomas Brimblecombe
The Grand Touring Club
6B Fir Tree Lane
Groby
Leicester
LE6 0FH
http://www.grandstandmotorsports.co.uk
Tel:0044 (116 231 1222
Fax: 0044 (116 287 4999
Email: thomas@grandstandmotorsports.co.uk
I am encouraged by a seemingly more receptive and open-minded attitude towards external ideas to deal with long-standing problematic aspects of the event and its organisation. “Paris wasn’t built in a day” as they say here so, no doubt, not everything will be ideal by next September, but the very special atmosphere and setting of the event always make it a memorable and enjoyable occasion, well outweighing the odd frustration over idiosyncratic administration etc. However I see it as my role to keep these negatives to a minimum!
Now I am in urgent need of a keen opposite number within the ranks of the pre-war Aston racers to help in the task of coordinating the entries and shaping and communicating how the arrangements will be concluded to make it all happen effectively. We hope to have the best cars and the best drivers out there on the Ramparts of Angouleme next September.
I will be dealing with the race entry package so those interested should contact me and not the ACOCRA in the first instance.
Please speak to me soon!
Nick Brimblecombe
Le LOGIS du PARADIS
La Magdeleine
16300 CRITEUIL la MAGDELEINE
FRANCE TEL: 0033 ( 545 35 39 43         Mobile 0033 674 87 65 60

Quote 0 0
john curtis
Ideally, Nick would like someone to be a coordinator for the pre war entry. It is easier to deal with one person centrally.
For any queries you can e mail him direct on
nicholas.brimblecombe@wanadoo.fr
Quote 0 0
Bruno
nmv2and3 wrote:

Regards

David

There may be a Feltham race similar to the Bonhams Classic entry (DBR1's, DB3s's,DB3's, DB2 team cars & std Feltham production cars) at Pau in May
This is being organised by Mark Campbell
Quote 0 0
john curtis
That's great if it comes off. I'd drive down to watch that. ;D
Quote 0 0
monster
thanks for the info John.I will pass it onto dad.I think He would like to to take the Monster,but we would need a supply of speedway methanol and it needs both of us to run it(both away from the practice at the same time!).He has taken the"ulster" twice before and found the lack of power a bit frustrating. ;D
Quote 0 0
john curtis
The 2008 poster has just been launched, celebrating 30 years since Fangio came to Angoulême when the circuit was re opened.
There appears to have been no interest from the Club to the invitation for an Aston grid.
What is happening ?

Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Nothing, by the looks of it! Hope to be there.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
This an event that i would love to attend but unfortunately it nearly always clashes with Goodwood Revival which is my highlight of the year. Perhaps one year I'll go to Goodwood and then catch the ferry over to France motor on down to Angouleme and make a week of it? 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
lml698
There is a I hr Aston race at Pau this year with 1930 - 1960 Astons in it plus a few 50's sports cars. There are also some other Astons on show.  All welcome .  Mor einfo on http://www.racingfelthams.org.
Quote 0 0