Charlie Show full post »
Webby
Yes, you do need to contact social@amoc.org to put your name down for this. Keep an eye on the calendar entry for updates.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Email sent. Thanks!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
If aircraft are your thing, as well as Astons!, and dn't want to venture far from London Hendon museum could be for you. I've not been for years, it's a long way from Yorkshire, but I'm sure it'lll only have got better over the years. Martin
Quote 0 0
CJ
Great News...

Just had our passport photos done!
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Duxford is very near me if you want a bit of DB9 and DBR2 action.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
CJ if you have only just had your pasport photos done I doubt you will be able to come this somer.

To comply with US anti terrorist rules you must submitt your pasport, allong with that off your first borne grand child, countersigned by your maternal great grand mother, to the British embasy in Atlantis, in person, no latter than 7,000,000,0000,000,000,000 seconds before crosing the yellow line.

Sorry that is if we want to enter the states, you can just come.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Don't put him off Andrew!! As you say geting into the land of the free takes years whereas we'll take anybody prepared to spend money! Martin
Quote 0 0
CJ
We went to the post office this morning and our passport applications are now being processed. We can expect them in about six weeks.

This trip is going to be awesome! ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It sure is. Hope weather doesn't spoil it but you should have a great time none the less. Martin
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
CJ / Charles - when is your trip - I'm too lazy to search down
Quote 0 0
CJ
The week of August 23, 2006. We chose that date so we could attend the Gaydon tour.
Quote 0 0
CJ
We will be arriving at 9:00 AM on August 22, 2006, and we will be staying untill the 29th. We will be at the River Park Plaza hotel in London. Now, as far as what to do on what days, I'd like to see as many of you as I can, and hopefully photograph your cars. If anyone knows of anything specific for those days, please let me know. For now, the 23rd is the Gaydon tour and the 25th is the Area 1 Car Festival (would we be able to attend?) I know several of you mentioned different Aston places... if anyone can help me arrange places, please let me know.

Webby, if I could speak with you on YIM when you get a chance, it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote 0 0
Neilda
CJ - if you're in London, it'd be nice to take you and your dad out to lunch. I'm a member of the RAC club (the Royal Automobile Club) which is a very old motoring club with a decent club house in central London (near Buckingham Palace).

I don't come onto the Forum too much these days, but webby can give you my personal email address (you may already have it).  Let me know if your schedule will alow it and I'll do the rest.

Charles, I'm the chap who offered to fly CJ over to the UK some while back....
Quote 0 0
CJ
Sounds great! I'll let you know for sure as soon as I can. ;D
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
CJ please tell Neil we miss him  :'(
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
I can't see mention of Buckingham Palace above.  It is open to visitors during August and September.  Surely this has to be the tourist attraction to trump them all, except, of course, an Area 00 lunch.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
CJ
Cyclist55 wrote:
...an Area 00 lunch.

Is one planned for that week?
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
Ah..the boy has discovered irony.
He comes of age.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Neil the Vet wrote:

Ah..the boy has discovered irony.
He comes of age.

Would that were so. His age and cultural location argue against that.
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
True, webby. True.
Perhaps your influence is paying off.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Wolf did tell me he was amused by CJ using the word 'rubbish' in an IM chat, a term that is not in common use in NA but is often used by me. Beyond that I fear my influence is merely malign...
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
So much better than benign.
Quote 0 0
Webby
You know the old Jimi Hendrix number, 'If Sex turned out to benign...'
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Who's Hendrix?  Martin
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
what's sex