Nigel Show full post »
Rich5ltr
I'll be there, most likely on the Friday, anyone else from the Forum going? It would be nice to meet up now we have a stand as a focal point. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
johnslynch
I will be there on Friday with the wife. We have also got tickets for Top Gear Live as we have not been for a few years.
Quote 0 0
annereed
David and I will be on the stand on Friday, so look forward to seeing you there.

Anne
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
I will be going on either Friday or Saturday.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
There Friday and Sunday pm
Quote 0 0
GaryU
I will be there Friday and Sunday
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
I am going on Sunday
Quote 0 0
Webby

Use the PDF file below to get single tickets at £5.00 off the Sat/Sun door price and Family tickets at up to £37.50 off the Sat/Sun door price compared to buying individually! Offer applies to advance bookings only.

Hand in your ticket stub or voucher to the AMOC at the show and your club gets a commission!

AMOC Classic Motor Show Offer (pdf file 1.37mb)
Quote 0 0
vrooom
We might get there tomorrow.(Friday)...
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
See you all tomorrow.  ;D
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
John Purser
We're all set up, thanks to Area 5 George, Gary U, Paul Hipwell, Peter Heath and Marc Aylott. George has got us some wine, plenty of chairs to enjoy it in and some nice cars to look at.
We're between the Bugatti and Rolls Royce Clubs and I have reminded them that in a sandwich, it's the filling that is the tasty bit...
Quote 0 0
sportie
Hi,

You will find my DB9 in Hall 3 right in front of the Top Gear live Stage  
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Very nice Dave.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Area 5 has published some shots of setting up at the NEC. Area 5 @ the NEC

Quote 0 0
Tim M
They've done a great job. 
Quote 0 0
John Purser
You're very kind.

Message from Marc Aylott is that the Show is heaving, great deal of interest and then he had to go because there were 30 people on the stand.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
sportie wrote:

Hi,

You will find my DB9 in Hall 3 right in front of the Top Gear live Stage  

Hall 5 have a DB6 on the Footman James stand at the entrance and there was a paintless DB6 on a trailer I spotted whilst driving out.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Good news from the stand - another really busy day and a bunch of new members signed up. Huge interest in the cutaway car.
The two best quips :
'now, that's a real Friday car'
and
'leave anything overnight in Brum and this is what happens'
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Very good show, so glad the AMOC have a stand there as they always should! Think area 5 did a great job.

Sadly I think we needed a One77 and a few girls in bikini's to draw attention from the neighbouring Veyron on the Bugatti stand, but it is suppost to be a classic car show.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
A result and a half, about 20 new members signed and paid plus huge interest in the marque and Club. A great team of enthusiasts all made it happen on the day(s) for which many, many thanks and I have signed up for next year with a request for a bit more space.
Quote 0 0
inforapound
Nice work, all of you. 

Would that make it the single most successful event of the year as far as recruiting new members?  If so, was it the event or the staff that made the difference?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
It's the UKs most important car show (as opposed to a car event like the Festival of Speed).
How do we normally recruit members ?
Well, word of mouth, the Internet, advice from dealers (one chap bought a DB7 from Runneymede and came over to join on Martin Brewer's advice). Recruitment wasn't the priority for this event, but it's a nice bonus.
As for the staff, it was the very enthusiatic local Area on the stand and they weren't shy about asking visitors to join !
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
Many congratulations to all involved in the stand at the show, it was good to have a presence there again after a few years, and there was an interesting mix of cars, well put together.
It was good to meet everybody there and everyone was made to feel welcome.
The cuttaway car was certainly attracting a lot of attention while I was there.

Well done again

Anthony
Quote 0 0