NW
Hi - are there any plans [AMOC or other] for next year's Classic Le Mans yet?

I would be grateful for advice for hotel/B&B accommodation with decent parking (albeit seems that availability is now over 20 miles from Le Mans) and how/when best to obtain tickets for Club Enclosure parking and Saturday circuit laps.

Travelling from UK, probably Thursday and return Monday.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Yes, it is in (first stages of) planning.
2014 Calendar hard to sort as Revival, FoS and Carfest dates are all up in the air as I write.
Quote 0 0
Mrp1961
NW wrote:

Hi - are there any plans [AMOC or other] for next year's Classic Le Mans yet?

I would be grateful for advice for hotel/B&B accommodation with decent parking (albeit seems that availability is now over 20 miles from Le Mans) and how/when best to obtain tickets for Club Enclosure parking and Saturday circuit laps.

Travelling from UK, probably Thursday and return Monday.

Thanks

I'm hoping to do the same - Thursday pm to Monday.  Have been most of the years that the Classic has run (and also many, many times to the annual Le Mans 24hr), but not in an AM or with AMOC - interested in doing so this time now I have the Vanquish.  Will keep an eye on this page.  :-)
Quote 0 0
Agent57
I'd be interested if it is not too expensive.
Quote 0 0
atfms
The bi-annual event of Classic Le Mans returns in 2014 running from 4th-6th July. Following the sucess of our 2012 gathering, I have reserved 15 twin/double rooms at the Brit Hotel Saint-Saturin, which is located on the northern outskirts of Le Mans and is within easy reach of the circuit. This is a good quality hotel, we stayed there ourselves in 2012, and very reasonably priced. Our reservation is for 4 nights, arriving on Thursday 3rd and departing Monday 7th, extra nights are available. The cost per room for the 4 nights with bed and breakfast, is Euro 474.00 for one person, Euro 508.00 for 2 sharing plus a tourist tax of Euro 1.00 per person per day. A 30% deposit is payable by 1st January, a second 30% is payable by 15th April and the balance is payable by 15th May. This event is becoming ever more popular and local and reasonably priced rooms are increasingly difficult to come by. The rooms are offered on a first come first served basis, so if you would like to join us, please email me with your requirements. Tickets for the event, including entry, stand and track laps will be arranged through the Club. Club parking on the circuit is free for Aston Martin and Lagonda cars, other parking is also available outside the circuit.

Andrew Forret
area6@amoc.org
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Many thanks Andrew. I can vouch for the Brit hotel being quite satisfactory. It's a great weekend and having somewhere to sleep (and wash) is useful !
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Didn't we get dinner as well last time?
Quote 0 0
atfms
Tim,

Dinner is available, as is lunch and other food, but this cost is not included in the room charge.

Andrew
Quote 0 0
NW
Has the location of the AMOC parking been decided yet?  The 2014 brochure shows  3 areas flagged as "Clubs" within the circuit...
Quote 0 0
Tim M
atfms wrote:
Tim,

Dinner is available, as is lunch and other food, but this cost is not included in the room charge.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I knew it was in there somewhere. Looking forward to it.
Quote 0 0