atfms
If anyone is looking for accommodation for Classic Le Mans 2012, i might be able to help. I have been to the last 4 events, with a group organised by one of our local Area Members. Unfortunately, due to it's popularity, it is already fully booked, we have 20 rooms and a waiting list. Luckily the owners of the hotel have a sister hotel located on the northern outskirts of Le Mans, with easy access to Arnage, Le Mans and the circuit. I have managed to reserve 20 double/twin rooms for 4 nights, Thursday 5th July to Monday 9th. The cost, based on 2 people sharing, is 464.00 Euro bed and breakfast. If you would like a room, please contact me by Email as soon as possible, first come first serve. A 30% deposit is payable by the 1st January 2012 and the balance by 15th May 2012.

Andrew Forret, Area 6 Rep
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I remember reading that the Tour de France might affect accomodation around that time ; the route has now been officially announced the furthest west it gets is the finish/start in Rouen on 4/5th July before heading east.
However, there may well be extra ferry traffic from the UK going as spectators, so, usual advice, plan and book early.
Note that the Club is organising an outing to Classic Le Mans, Marc Aylott at Club HQ is the man.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I have sent Marc an e-mail expressing my interest. John, do you know if details are published anywhere on this site or in an AM News?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
John Purser
See Nov AMN. page 4.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks John, I'm in. Anyone else considering staying at the Chateau? 

Quote 0 0
Webby

Whilst Le Mans is a great Event, Classic Le Mans brings together the greatness of many previous years: it is without doubt one of the highlights of the classic sporting calendar.

Aston Martin has an illustrious history at Le Mans, including outright victory and this trip has been arranged for members who wish to visit the event, but wish to do so in comfort and style, rather than camping.

We have succeeded in securing rooms in two hotels which are close to the circuit; the trip will include ferry from Dover to Calais on Thursday 5 July, four nights bed and breakfast at the hotel of choice at Le Mans and return ferry on Monday July 9. General admission will also be included. (Ticket prices yet to be released)

Full details and itinerary
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I've signed up for this, great event and Jasper has secured accommodation at what looks like a wonderful châteaux. Has anyone else signed up? It would be great to get a group of Astons together but I see he's already offering the rooms elsewhere just in case we don't fill the tour. Come on chaps who else is up for this? Rich...

Quote 0 0
jaspergilder
No Rooms on this trip will be allocated to non AMOC members until or unless it is absolutely clear that everyone from AMOC who wants to join in has let us know - and that won't be for quite a while yet....
When we get close to the date any spare rooms may go elsewhere to ensure we get a good relationship with the hotels and bookings in future years get easier - from the hotels' perspective this is a seller's market!
Quote 0 0
GaryU
We have just been informed that we will be taking the AMHT Ulster to the Classic in 2012.
It will form the centrepiece of a display on the Aston area.  This will be much better than the bare area of grass we had last time.

Jean Phillppe hopes to organise some specia event to show off the car.

Unfortunately it will not be racing. (That right, isn't it Muttley)
#
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Are you driving it down Gary?
Are you staying in the Chateaux?

Quote 0 0
ASTON79
GaryU wrote:

We have just been informed that we will be taking the AMHT Ulster to the Classic in 2012.
It will form the centrepiece of a display on the Aston area. This will be much better than the bare area of grass we had last time.

Jean Phillppe hopes to organise some specia event to show off the car.

Unfortunately it will not be racing. (That right, isn't it Muttley)

Great Gary. Strongly in july 2012. banana!
Quote 0 0
jaspergilder
Quck update on bookings - there are currently 3 rooms left at the hotel in Le Mans and 4 at the Chateau

Have a Great Christmas one and all
Quote 0 0
atfms
Just to update everyone, we have had some late cancellations from our group, so we still have 2 or 3 rooms available. If you are interested, please contact me.

Andrew Forret
Area 6 Rep.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Me and Mrs M are in there.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Here's the latest info from Le Mans
http://www.lemansclassic.com/la-ligne-droite?orig=NL_226
Quote 0 0
gracedieucourt
I will be going with Le Mob and my new DB9 Volante. Can't wait!

Mike
Quote 0 0
Russell
i will be there somewhere
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Have never been to the classic before.  Is there an AMOC gathering?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Yes, this page has all the details: AMOC @ Classic Le Mans
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Thanks Webby.  I cant tell from the page - is there a gathering actually at the event or only in terms of meeting up at the hotels beforehand? 
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Instead of doing the Champers Tent at midnight (a la Le Mans maybe we could meet at 22.00 or earlier.
Quote 0 0
Russell
lightweight
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
IanB wrote:

is there a gathering actually at the event or only in terms of meeting up at the hotels beforehand? 

It's all being organised at the moment. The main thing is to have a Club rendevous point at the circuit - but where will be will depend on the allocation from the organiser.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Russell wrote:

lightweight

I don't think an extra 2 hours bar-time is slacking from our traditions.  ;D
PS CLM doesn't race all night.... :-(
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Is there going to be a Saturday morning tour of the circuit like the 24 Le Mans ? 
Quote 0 0