williamsderbys
Anyone going, apart from the racers that is !
Where will you be parking ?
John W BPC 831
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
I will be going = parking in the Aston area if the tickets turn up in time!

Hope to see you there

Julian

VPH 959S = Probably!
Quote 0 0
SdP
I will be there (will be my first trip with the V

Parking in the Aston Area on the Bugatti track  (still waiting for my tickets)
Quote 0 0
JeffYoung
SdP wrote:

I will be there (will be my first trip with the V

Did you get it home?

-- Jeff.
Quote 0 0
higgerp
Hi everyone,

This will be our first trip to the classic event. I was wondering if the tickets should have come by now, but sounds like we're all waiting.

I will be staying offsite at Chateau chanteloup, but I have selected parking in the Bugatti area on the AMOC form so hopefully this will work out OK. I'm guessing this will be the best place to meet fellow owners?

Ferry Dover to Calais early Thursday evening. Driving down from Calais on the Friday.

Peter
Alfred Dunhill DB7 coupe
Quote 0 0
SdP
JeffYoung wrote:

Did you get it home?

-- Jeff.
Not yet  :'(  The current owner signs the deal only last Friday :-(  So now I have to pay the last part (costs for me increased by a lot of € in the last weeks due to the € devaluation :/ ) and after that David Reed will pick up the car and do a full service and the basic work to fit the french MOT (brakes, suspension, windscreen ...)
Only after that I can organize the trip to France.

I have at least one (expensive) solution. Having the car carried to France by Tony Copsey.
So, I'm still looking for cheaper solution, but If I cannot find one, I will have to use the expensive one...

But anyway, the car will be (I hope ! ) in France before end of June, so I can use it to enjoy the Le Mans Classic Week End
Quote 0 0
JeffYoung
Good luck with it.  At least you can rest easier now that there's a back-up plan (even if it is a little pricey).

-- Jeff.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Mrs M and I will be there, Thursday to Sunday. Parking on the Bugatti circuit (no tickets yet).
Quote 0 0
john curtis
I'll be there, staying at the original Maison Blanche  ;D
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I guess a meeting at the champagne bar (if there is one) at midnight is the thing to do.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Woo hooo! My tickets arrived today. 
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I've been looking at the entry list---plenty of Astons
5 in Group 1  plus 4 Lagondas
7 in Group 2
5 in Group 3
DP212 in Group 4
Quote 0 0
atfms
Does anyone know how many AMOC members and cars are going to this event, I assume there must be a list of those that have bought tickets and parking through the Club. It would be nice if we all new who else is going to be there, so that we could meet up. As there will be no facilities at our parking area, can anyone suggest a time and place on the circuit that we could all endeavor to meet up at?

Andrew Forret
Quote 0 0
Tim M
The usual arrangement at Le Mans is to meet at the Champagne tent at midnight Saturday.
As I am not staying at the circuit and it's way past my bedtime I won't be doing that!
Many AMOC members have parking on the Bugatti circuit so you should be able to meet a few there.
Quote 0 0
higgerp
Hi everyone, again.

Can anyone tell me what the dress code situation is like at this event? I've heard lots of conflicting info with regards to it being policed heavily, to not needing to worry about it. Obviously I know there will be some sort of dress code to get into the club house etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

I've received my car pass for Bugatti circuit parking, just an orange ticket with a letter on it. Is this correct as I was expecting something with my registration number on it?

Champagne tent at midnight for meeting up sounds good.

Thanks
Peter
Quote 0 0
Tim M
The only area that you might need to look a bit smart is the Paddock (plus whatever functions you attend).
For men, shorts, flip-flop shoes, bare chests are not welcome.
Basically, smart casual is good.
When I was there in 2008 I wore jeans and there was no problem, they may be stricter this time.
Around the circuit you can wear what you like.
Quote 0 0
Geoff_V8
See http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/dress-code for the definitive answer, although as Tim states, it doesn't seem to be policed too much.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
So what is actually at the AMOC hospitality?  There are a number of us who have alternative accommodation and parking, is there a marquee of something we can all visit?
Quote 0 0
atfms
As far as I know, there is no on circuit AMOC hospitality. There were some options on offer, i think at a nearby hotel, but i cannot find anything about it either on the Club website or in recent editions of AM News, personally i found the options expensive. We seem to have 33 Astons from the UK booked for parking on the Bugatti circuit, plus others from France and Luxembourg, the parking is located in the orange zone to the south east of the circuit and opposite the Ferraris, this is not close to the race circuit, so most tend to park and move on. So it would seem that the champagne tent at midnight on Saturday is a start, does anyone know exactly where this is located?

Andrew Forret
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I've been to every Le Mans Classic to date but unfortunately cannot make this one and I can assure there isn't a dress code as such. The advance info suggests no bare chests and flip flops but basically anyone who owns a classic or an Aston will have the common sense not to dress like a chav so tailored shorts and a polo shirt will be fine. p.s. what club house are you referring to? Previously the ACO clubhouse has been taken over by one of the auction houses for a car display and not offering the usual ACO facilities. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Champagne bar at Midnight then.  Aston Flag or T shirts will identify.

(PS some naughties smuggled their own champagne in at last year's Le Mans as it was 70 Euro's a bottle - It's usually Lanson in case anyone's thinking of it!! Hic Hic ).
Quote 0 0
SdP
My AMV8 should arrive tomorrow, just in time to get the numberplates and the insurance (none found at the moment who accept insurance against theft and damages before having an expert deciding how high is the value of the car) but needs now to find one tomorrow.
Then a short first run in the country around my home on Thurday evening, and on Friday, first trip with the car (hopefully without problems) across France to join you at the Bugatti parking on early Saturday Morning.
But I have an accommodation at a friend of mine parents, so no chance I think to meet at the midnight. But happy to meet AMOC members at least at the club parking.
Quote 0 0
higgerp
Thanks for all the info guys,

Sounds like the dress code issue is what we expected. (We wouldn't have been in football shirts and flip flops anyway!!!)

Sorry, as for the clubhouse reference, I assumed there would be an official area or building of some kind associated with Aston Martin for special ticket holder/VIPs etc. Sounds like this isn't the case.

As for the Champagne tent, hopefully Louise and I will see you all there.

Pete
Quote 0 0
jon7cda
Each Le Mans Classic seems to throw up the same questions regarding AMOC presence.  It would appear that the majority of the AMOC Membership that attends the Classic is from the poorer end of the wealth spectrum; myself included.

There appears to be 4 different Aston Martin owners groups attending.  Is it not possible to get us all together and stump up for a basic marquee, with some chairs and tables.  We all seem to have enough wit to be able to provide our own refreshments, but it would then provide a focus point to meet.  But it needs someone at the Club HQ to organise.  The ACO does not like dealing with individuals, just clubs

I have organised a little dinner at out hotel in Arnage for Thursday evening.  If anyone would like to joint the 36 mainly Aston owners please telephone me on 07966 479630 or text.

Jonathan
Quote 0 0
SdP
Hi guys, as written two posts above, my AMV8 is arrived yesterday  banana

But I got a bad surprise, the car cannot be locked with the door keys So, I'm really disappointed, but Le Mans Classic 2010 will not be my first trip with the car, I don't want to let a car always open for everybody

I got from AMOC a car access to the club area on the Bugatti track. I will not be able to use this access with my Mercedes E-Class Coupé. So, If someone go to the Le Mans Classic with his Aston and didn't got an access, I can give him mine.

I will take the Orange car access with me tomorrow when I live home. If you want it for your Aston Martin, I'm happy so give you mine.
Just let me know.
Quote 0 0