williamsderbys Show full post »
SimpleMan
Hi guys,

Not the first time there but the first time with an Aston !

The 3 days were great, sunny and very hot with a lot of nice cars and some rarities.

But what a disapointment about the AMOC parking. Not with the cars, I think that almost all the post war car types were represented (DB2DHC, mk3DHC, DB4, 5 and 6 with Convertible and volante, DP215 recreation, DBS, even the rare 72 Vantage  ;D, V8 saloon and Vantage, DB7, V8 Vantage, Vanquish, DB9, DBS, V12 Vantage) and a lot of Astons everywhere in the Bugatti.
I think that there were more Astons than Porsche compared to the car produced.

But there was no AMOC tent, no chair, no drink and even no flag on the parking.
If I compare to the other club parkings, it was not representative of the history of Aston at Le Mans !
What about the AMOC french area ?
Quote 0 0
GaryU
SimpleMan wrote:

But there was no AMOC tent, no chair, no drink and even no flag on the parking.
Had a really great time though........

We have 2 years to get the next one right. 

I will help make sure a tent is around with drinks etc......
Anyone else willing to help.
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
We had a great time too, loads of Astons but never got a chance to chat to anybody which was a disappointing.
Still in France enjoying the roads (although it poured all day today). Nice evening though in Troyes.
Hearty thanks to Wendy Silver for the ticket package which was brilliant---Parking A1,Paddock-great, Dunlop chicane Grandstand--the best!
Quote 0 0
SimpleMan
GaryU wrote:

Anyone else willing to help.
Sure I'd like to help !  ;-)
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Bearing in mind the number of Astons there I think it is piss poor that AMOC don't have a drop in marquee or something for race go'ers, and I mean those not on the 'hospitality package'.
Quote 0 0
GaryU
geewizzpip wrote:

Bearing in mind the number of Astons there I think it is piss poor that AMOC don't have a drop in marquee or something for race go'ers, and I mean those not on the 'hospitality package'.
There will be next time..........
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
First time at Classic Le Mans and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The racing was good if a little hot, i agree the ticket options were good and that the Dunlop stand gave great viewing.
we did meet plenty of members , a lot who we had not met before and everyone was really friendly.
Thanks to wendy for her organisation and David for the dinner at Hotel de France which was a good evening.
Many thanks to Jonathan who organised the Yorkshire trip, will deffo be going again if allowed .
I agree it would have been good to have a marquee or something as a base at the AMOC display area and would also help if could.

a few pics to look at

Anthony
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Nice photos, real shame about the Quattroporte stuffed in among the Astons outside the Hotel de France. Decent car but totally inappropriate to put it there given it was meant to be Astons only in the square.   
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
GaryU
My photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GARYUNGLESS/LeMans2010?feat=directlink
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
more le mans classic photos
thanks to Gary U for help on Picasso

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/107517757907512245414/LeMans10?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2X7PWbyIeOoAE&feat=directlink
Quote 0 0
SimpleMan
There are my pictures taken on the AMOC parking.
More pictures and films of the races later.

http://amvantage.over-blog.com/
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Some of mine
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
SimpleMan wrote:

There are my pictures taken on the AMOC parking.
More pictures and films of the races later.

http://amvantage.over-blog.com/
What a lovely video of the lap how much £ did it cost and how many laps did you do ?
looks a lot more fun than 24 Le Mans ?
Maybe do the classic next year
Quote 0 0
Tim M
It is MUCH better than the Le Mans 24 hours.
A fantastic range of cars from the 1920s to the 1980s, a more laid back scene and less traffic (mostly).
If you like to watch the racing they change the cars every hour so you aren't watching the same lot going round and round all the time.
There's also some heavy American metal racing---I'll see if I can find some photos.
Quote 0 0
atfms
Yes Classic Le Mans is a great event, although I have not been to the ordinary 24 hour race. The event is held every 2 years, so book now for 2012, I have. The track laps on the Saturday morning cost 120 Euro, you normally get 3 laps but we only managed 2 this year due to time constraints on the circuit. Even though there were probably 200 cars on the circuit, I still managed the odd 125mph and JBW found an empty Mulsanne straight and 150mph. Lets hope AMOC get their act together in 2012.
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
That all sounds like a bit of me ?
this year I managed 1** mph on the M20 With Jasper C in his porker He LOST? ;D ;D ;D
there was no other cars at that time and you could see the road ahead for miles otherwise It wouldn't have happend.
If you read this JC yes it was me and you lost ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
GaryU
I managed to get just over 150 on the Mulsanne straight on my first lap.
I had a friend in the car who knew the track and was giving me pace notes.
I call the speed every 5MPH until he shouted 'brake' for the chicane

We swapped over after the second lap when we stopped on the Mulsanne straight.
We managed to get three laps in.

Unfortunately his video camera did not record.
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Motors TV is presently showing comprehensive coverage of the Classic 2010
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
ye its Great  ;D ;D
Who was No 62?
Quote 0 0
Tim M
There were 6 classes ---each had a 62.
Class1 Austin 7
Class 2 Aston DB2
Class 3 Aston DB4GT
Class 4 Lotus Elan
Class 5 Ferrari 275 GTB
Class 6 Porsche 911
Quote 0 0
SimpleMan
Some Aston on the Track there :
http://amvantage.over-blog.com/article-aston-martin-sur-la-piste-au-mans-classic-2010-54363516.html
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Simpleman some nice pic's
In the 3rd one are those Citroen DS in the background are they the Mazarati version ?
Quote 0 0
Tim M
They were the Maserati version.
Quote 0 0
SdP
Just a few word about my first AMOC experience at Le Mans Classic.
I was a little bit disappointed. I expected some little accommodations where AMOC members could talk together and could receive some people interrested by our cars. But I saw just a nice carpark with nice cars. Nobody there to discuss with. Of course, with the burning sun we had the whole week, I think all of us just parked the car and ran away to find some shadow. Perhaps that a small tent (not sure if it's the right word) will be enough to keep some people in the AMOC carpark and would give an opportunity to meet together. Due to the fact that it's the 75th anniversary, I hoped to see something special. In fact, I saw just two nice guys (a french and a swiss), we talk a few minutes and agreed ed that it's really to hard to stay in the sun.

I someone is interested, my Le Mans Classic 2010 pictures are available here : http://www.allracepictures.com/galerie-photo/2010-le-mans-classic-sdp
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Tim M wrote:

They were the Maserati version.
The Citroen SM had the Merak engine - the DS looks superficially similar but didn't.
Quote 0 0