beershark Show full post »
Rich5ltr
beershark wrote:

What else is there in life ?
A pint of Large at The Flying Swan perhaps...?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
beershark
Rich5ltr wrote:

A pint of Large at The Flying Swan perhaps...?
Although suckled on a corner of a barmaid's apron and raised on a diet of cheese and onion crisps, pickled eggs and pork scratchings ( generally fired by catapult into the beergarden where I lay in my perambulator .... Mater was a deadshot at 20 paces, and once she'd settled her bum on a bar stool nothing would shift her ! ), I have yet to come across anything so curious as "a pint of Large".
Is this the equivalent of a pint of "cooking", perchance ?
Quote 0 0
Russell
no he is just rubbish at spelling Lager
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Russell wrote:

no he is just rubbish at spelling Lager
On the contrary, it's the favourite brew of Pooley and Omalley at the Flying Swan. Never heard of having a large one?  ;D

Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
beershark
When the Campaign for Real Ale was formed back in the late 1970's, I was nearly a founder member, although back in those days when I had neither a beard nor a 44 inch waistline(seemingly obligatory as a CAMRA member ),  I was automatically disqualified from membership. I certainly had the "Farrier's Arms" where they were founded as my local, and spent most evenings and ALL weekends in there ( when I wasn't tempted by the "Lower Red Lion" just around the corner ).
Despite this impeccable beer related background, I have never, until I read your thread, even heard of "a pint of Large".  It just goes to show, doesn't it, that one's education is NEVER complete !
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
beershark wrote:

When the Campaign for Real Ale was formed back in the late 1970's, I was nearly a founder member, although back in those days when I had neither a beard nor a 44 inch waistline(seemingly obligatory as a CAMRA member ),  I was automatically disqualified from membership. I certainly had the "Farrier's Arms" where they were founded as my local, and spent most evenings and ALL weekends in there ( when I wasn't tempted by the "Lower Red Lion" just around the corner ).
Despite this impeccable beer related background, I have never, until I read your thread, even heard of "a pint of Large".  It just goes to show, doesn't it, that one's education is NEVER complete !
Christ it Fryer Tuck from sherwood forrest?
Quote 0 0