RickH

Unfortunately the ‘Shooting In Style’ event planned for 21/22 Oct has had to be cancelled due to lack of numbers.  However, as there was significant interest in the idea of an AMOC group joining up for a bit of shooting, I have arranged an alternative, very much more ‘low-key’ event that is shooting only and just one day.

Therefore, if you want have the opportunity to experience clay pigeon shooting for the first time, or to hone your current skills if already an experienced shot, then put Saturday 21st Oct into your diary. 

The location for this event will be a shooting ground near Weston-On-the-Green in Oxfordshire, just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40. (Directions Here)

The format of the day is: arrive by 10:00, start shooting by 10:30 for a couple of hours of practice before lunch.  12:30, adjourn to a local pub for lunch , then back to the shooting ground around 13:30 for a bit of a competition in the afternoon.  Not sure how to divide teams, but I’m sure we’ll sort that out on the day!  On completion of the competition, there will be presentation of the awards and depart by about 16:30.

Cost for the day is £75 per person (does not include lunch).

If you wish to join us for a low-key, but very enjoyable day-out, you will need to give your details to Audrey at AMOC HQ.  However, It would be very useful if you could express an interest on this forum, so that I can get an idea of numbers.  (I will contact those who have expressed an interest in the original Shooting In Style event, although it would be useful if you too would give an indication of your continued interest on this thread.

I am hoping that this format appeals to more people, it ought to, as it is very reasonably priced, is only a one-day event, and is geographically closer to a lot of people.

Rick
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I'm in.  Keith
Quote 0 0
doct93
Sorry, we've lost our house/horse/dog/cat sitter, which means we can't really get away any more. Next holiday for me is now likely to be spring, when the horses go back out....... 
Tim B
Quote 0 0
osiig
I'll be there.

Ole
Quote 0 0
RickH
This is good, there is now about 8 of us.

There are still places for anyone else who wants to join us.

Rick
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Shooting that day already.  Sorry.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Rick, if it's a nice day is there 'Aston' parking?
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Sorry Rick, no weekend fun for me these days...Boo-hoo I have to work!

Hedgie x
Quote 0 0
RickH
I am promised that there is no problems getting an Aston to the car park, apparently it is only just of the main road (but i haven't been there myself!)
Quote 0 0
RickH
Yesterday 15 people turned up at Weston Wood for the AMOC Clay Pigeon Shooting Event.

Overall a great day out, thoroughly enjoyed by all those that took part.  A select few Astons in the car park in the woods, the most popular colour of which definitely seemed to be dark blue:

The morning was taken up with general practice and tuition to those of us who had never done clay pigeon shooting before.  Several boys were there, and it was good to see that they were all doing well,

and certainly hitting things!

The morning was beautifully sunny, then with perfect timing it rained while we in the pub for lunch, but was blue sky once again for the afternoon session.

The afternoon was a minor competition of 4 pairs of clays over 4 different stands.  There were several rather good shots within the group, with the top 2 of Ole and Edward achieving the same score.  Ole came out the final winner after a shoot-out, but congratulations to them both.

Although some regrets at not being able to run the full weekend ‘Shooting In Style’ weekend, it all turned out to be a very enjoyable day in the autumn sunshine.

Quote 0 0
PB1
I would endorse all Rick said and many thanks for him for arranging such an enjoyable day. Good weather, good shooting, good lunch and good fun. Enjoyed meeting new faces  - and being persuaded to use this forum!  Peter B
Quote 0 0
RickH
Peter,

It was good to see you there, and I hope we can meet up at another event sometime.

please keep using the Forum, it's a great place to keep in touch between 'physical' meetings.

Rick
Quote 0 0
osiig
Meeting everone, the shooting and lunch more than made up for my slightly misbehaving car although it did in the end get me home . It was one of those pest or colera situations, do I stop for petrol and risk the battery being too flat to star again, or do I risk running out of petrol on the M40.

Thanks for organising Rick and already looking forward to next time (honest I am not that good a shot just adrenalin and frustrations with the car taken out on the poor clays).

Ole
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Excellent day Rick, well organised.

Good to meet you all.

See you at the next one, or before.

Keith
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Hi Rick
Unfortunately I currently have to work weekends (Fri-Mon)

If you ever organise a future shoot on a Tue, Wed or Thu then I would love to attend

Hedgie  :-*
Quote 0 0