Webby
...to be held @ The Manor House, Housham Tye, Essex, 29 April 2012

We are having a Show Day for the Aston Martin DBR2 chassis and body, plus all of the parts that had to be gathered or made to put this, ex V12 Lagonda DP166 chassis back into an operational condition. Tony Brooks, the 1950's Aston Martin racing driver, will be present and signing copies of his just published book called, Poetry in Motion. also Noel Cunningham Reid may also be present. He was the driver that was actually driving this chassie when the crash took place at Spa, so it would be nice to see him re-united with it! Sadly, as most people will now know, our 'to be' guest of Honour Ted Cutting passed away last week. He will be sadly missed by us all, and our condolences go out this his wonderful wife Dorothy. Ted helped me every step of the way to re-build this chassis, as did many other people, including Richard Williams, Neil Thompson and Chris Woodgate to whom I am very grateful.

We are expecting a very good gathering of Aston Martins, Lagonda's and other classic cars, including the AMOC Ulster, All AMOC and Lagonda members and families are welcome, Entrance is free, but we will need car details and occupants names for our security! so why not come along and give your Aston an airing? Feel free to bring a picnic. cars to arrive between 11.00 and 12.00 if possible so we can arrange the display.

Please RSVP to:  Jonathan Dormer
The Manor House
Housham Tye
Essex CM17 0QL
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
I'll be there, hope the weathers good.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Looking forward to it.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Not the best of weather   :-(

I've put a couple more photos on the Gallery
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Yes Defiantly a day for Willy's ?
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Highlight of the day......

#ws

.....when I say "highlight",  I mean the sound of Abes Vanquish, not the fact that he's going home! ;D
Quote 0 0