wondercat
???

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
wondercat
When is it?  Where is it?  Is it a secret?

Quote 0 0
Virage Volante
The Autumn Concours will be held on Sunday 16th September at Chatsworth House in Derbyshire. Admission for AMOC members in Astons / Lagondas who are not competing is £10. If you want to enter the concours competition contact Audrey at HQ for entry forms and details. See page 4/5 of August AM News for more details. Text will be published in "Social Events" tomorrow.
Quote 0 0
wondercat
Roy,

Thankyou for the information, I am a new member and do not have any paper work at all, due to the postal strikes etc. I hope to visit Chastworth on the 16th, it is only 10 miles from my home.
Many thanks again. Paul.

Quote 0 0
wondercat
Sorry Chatsworth ???

Quote 0 0
SJH
Wondercat,

I was over in Derbyshire on Sunday just driving for the hell of it... over the hills from Macclesfield into Buxton, Bakewell, Matlock... wonderful scenery and a regular drive for us in the Aston.

BUT... how busy was it  >

The V12 really does not like 'pottering' about.

The setting at Chatsworth will be fabulous. Certainly a number from Area 9 will be attending.
Quote 0 0
jhoneyball
Roy Smith wrote:

If you want to enter the concours competition contact Audrey at HQ for entry forms and details.

What a staggeringly inefficient system compared to a simple webform.

So I have to phone her, bother her flow of work, give her my postal details. She then has to put a form in an envelope, post it to me. I then fill it in and (maybe?) fax it back. Or post it back.

Compared to 4 minutes of my time filling in a simple webform and none of hers.

is this *really* the best we can manage, webby?

jon
Quote 0 0
Webby
We can do webforms. I'm sure Social will soon be entering the modern age and start using the facilities we have developed.
Quote 0 0
SJH
With respect in so much as the club 'should' mirror its cars...

It's only recently that AM has gotten to grips with sat nav... useable air-conditioning etc 

So... I'd file that one as a draw  ;D

Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I know I'm stupid but when I tried a webform for the Prodrive Open Day I couldn't get it to accept my credit card details no matter which one I used.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
SJH wrote:

Wondercat,

I was over in Derbyshire on Sunday just driving for the hell of it... over the hills from Macclesfield into Buxton, Bakewell, Matlock... wonderful scenery and a regular drive for us in the Aston.

I love driving in Derbyshire but so many of the roads I've been on have a 50 mph resriction - and scameras too

Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
My wife and I went to Malham (North Yorkshire) yesterday and in a decent car the roads would be a real pleasure to drive.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Who needs sat nav or a/c?  Wot's wrong with a nice 'paper' map?

Feel the Wedge.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
wondercat
I live halfway between Buxton and Bakewell just off the A6. Most of this road has a 50mph speed limit, unbelievable when the national speed limit is 60mph for this type of road. I believe the reason for the limit on our stretch of road is down to our motorcycling friends heading for Matlock Bath.
tim_c wrote:

SJH wrote:

Wondercat,

I love driving in Derbyshire but so many of the roads I've been on have a 50 mph restriction - and scameras too

Quote 0 0