grahamj
Guys

Do any of you enter these? What are your experiences of them? Im thinking here about the standards that are set, judging etc. I have printed out a set of the rules from this site but would be interested in some personal observations if possible

I have a shiny TVR that I keep in pristine condition (it can't win any prizes though as it is far from original) and was wondering if it would be worth my time/effort to enter the AMOC competitions. How serious does it all get?

cheers

Graham
Quote 0 0
philmw
Come along to our Spring Concours on 18th May at Waddesdon Manor and have a look.

The AMOC Concours at "Concours d'etat" and means how original to when it left the factory the car is (although there are various, controversial interpretations of this).  How the Associate Class is judged on this and by whom I have no idea, so nice and shiny could be enough.  You need to join AMOC to enter.
Quote 0 0
grahamj
Thanks Phil

I am now a fully fledged member of the AMOC and am seriously considering coming along and entering...hence the questions on this post. I am just trying to get some members feeings for the competition as I'm a newbie.

Cheers

Graham
Quote 0 0
Webby
Then you need to let us know here: http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=127
Quote 0 0
grahamj
Thanks for that - now done!!

Graham
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
grahamj wrote:

Guys... I have a shiny TVR... Graham

Graham, I've sent you an e-mail. Rich...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
grahamj
Oh well...nothing forthcoming so I entered anyway...

Let battle commence  ;D

Graham
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
i have also entered......first time for everything..!!!
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
grahamj
tony-hall-40 wrote:

i have also entered......first time for everything..!!!

We'll see you there then  ;-)

What class are you entered in??

Graham
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
have a db9 less than 3 years old........what about you?
Quote 0 0
grahamj
DB7 - 8 years old with less than 10k on the clock (although it does have several hundred more after this weekends trip to France  ;D  )

Graham
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Looking forward to this on Sunday. I've checked the weather forecast and it looks ok, wet down on the south coast but sunny in teh Aylesbury area. Unfortunatly I won't be in my Aston but should be good all the same.    Rich...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
I had been hoping for my fresh from the factory DB9 to enter.  ;D

Now sadly not till later.  :'(
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
tony-hall-40 wrote:

have a db9 less than 3 years old........what about you?

Looks like we'll going head to head in the Modern Class then Tony - See you there ?

RC
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
you will indeed.......i will be in Racing Green db9 , t66 sbs..... banana
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Onyx Black Vanquish S - SLN 831

RC
Quote 0 0