Purest Green
Is anyone interested in attending Concours d'Elegance Suisse at Château de Coppet, Nr. Geneva on 23 and 24 June?

Please see the attached flyer. I understand that Aston Martin Geneva is one of the sponsors.

I have been looking for an excuse to take my vehicle on a road trip to the Alps in the summer and this may be it.

It might be fun to put an Anglo-Swiss Aston Martin contingent together. The organisers have offered us a reserved parking area, etc. if there is a group of us attending. 

Swiss AMOC members - please feel free to give your views if you have attended this event in the past.
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
Guylight
Sounds interesting. My wife & I will be on a 3-4 week road trip in our 2008 DB9 and will be in Bormio (just at the bottom of the Stelvio pass) on 28 June before going to the opera in Verona (as you do!) on 30 June so we might get there. Are you thinking of enering cars to be judged or just to spectate?
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Just thinking of attending as a spectator/guest. Our cars are way too young to make the cut.

My understanding is that they may be doing something to celebrate the DB4 (watch the website and this space) so there may be a reasonable AM "feel" to the event. I know that AM Geneva (based just outside Nyon) is one of the sponsors.

Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Just spotted this thread on the forum. We were thinking of participating in this but the organisers haven’t published much detail yet.

Anyone know of a good hotel nearby?
Quote 0 0
MPD
I'll be going. If I find out any more info I'll post it on here.
Quote 1 0
Dobbie
We could be interested in going too. Sounds like a good drive. Which car will you be taking Mark D?
Quote 0 0
MPD
I hadn't thought of driving there until you mentioned it. I have contacted the organisers and as soon as they respond I'll let you know.
Quote 0 0
Purest Green

The organisers have confirmed that that will be dedicating a concours class to the 60th anniversary of the DB4, accepting not only 1958 models but also later series.

If there are any DB4 owners who would like to enter their vehicles, please watch this space. We are awaiting a pdf version of the registration form and will attach it on this thread once received.

The organisers have reiterated that owners of all Aston Martins will be made very welcome at the event.

Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
We could have bit of a party there! If accepted we will be in our 1936 Lagonda. Should be a nice drive down.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I know I'll get slaughtered but that's ok, Denise doesn't read this forum [wink] but if there's a good cross- section of owners and cars going I might be interested. Would be a nice drive across to Switzerland with a few days tacked on either end of the weekend. Mind you David, I think this would be a trip for the DB MkIII not the Lagonda David.  
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
pdbollinger
I would be interested in this and would be coming from Stuttgart, Germany in a DB7V.

Paul
Quote 0 0
Dobbie
Already planning a route .... plus a day in the hills exploring the Furka Pass
only an hour or so away. 1979 V8 Volante, roof down all the way !! 
Quote 1 0
DrDavidB
Dobbie wrote:
Already planning a route .... plus a day in the hills exploring the Furka Pass
only an hour or so away. 1979 V8 Volante, roof down all the way !! 

Plenty of good routes to choose from Debbie and being in a modern car gives you even more fun choices.

I’ll have to allow two days to get there but will smile all the way. See you there.
Quote 0 0
Dobbie
Mr Bracey DB6, I would hardly call a 1979 Volante a "modern car", but it IS much more fun than the newer "plastic" ones. London to Geneva in three days, including a couple of good restaurant stop-overs, two days based in/near Geneva, then a trip over the mountains to Lake Como. Then back home. Should be able to cover that in a week, 100 gallons of fuel and a large wallet !
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Sounds like you’ve a great itinerary planned. Well done -have fun.

I suppose ‘modern’ is a relative term.
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
If anyone has a good 2 day direct route to Geneva, with a hotel recommendation (good restaurant, accommodation and secure parking) along the way, please do feel free to shout up.

I have driven the route a number of times but never in an Aston.

Also, thinking about low front splitter clearance (NP Vanquish S) and protecting wheels, does anyone have any top tips for the Eurotunnel?
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
dwell
On Eurotunnel book car with roof box or bikes (no extra charge) gets you in the ‘high’ and also wider track carriages. No high ramp or risk of hitting the wheels. Enjoy the trip, regards Dave.
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
I’ve done this several times in my DB6 and never had any problems with the Eurotunnel. The staff are excellent and will direct you to the best place for whatever ground clearance you have. Precious little in a DB6.

I usually stop first night between Dijon and Beaune. Try Château Andre Ziltener in Chambolle Musigney or Hotel Le Cep in Beaune.

There’s also a place in Dijon I’ve stayed at with a prewar car but I can’t remember the name at the moment.

That’s a good days driving from Calais. Geneva is very easy the next day from here.

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Dave and D Bracey - many thanks for the tips.
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
dwell
If stopping off in or near Dijon I can thoroughly recommend the Hotel de la Poste at St Seine L’Abbaye on the back route down or in Dijon itself the Hotel Wilson which has a garage for the Aston - both gave excellent restaurants.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Sounds interesting, may be tricky getting it past Mrs Flash as we would not be long back from Classic Le Mans!

A great run for a DB 6 I would have thought....

Flash
Quote 1 0
Purest Green
Please find attached the complete registration package for Concours d'Elegance Suisse at Château de Coppet, Nr. Geneva from 22-24 June, including:
  • Information on the Concours (brochure)
  • The program
  • The judging rules
  • The registration forms
The organisers have kindly offered to assist with lodging and any other logistics for those attending from the UK and afar.

Please note that there is a class celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Aston Martin DB4. 
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
The Concours d'Elegance Suisse website is now up and running:

https://www.concoursdelegancesuisse.com/
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0
Dobbie
Good work P Green. I have been checking local hotels in and around Copett and find most of them almost fully booked already. Some do not have Aston-Friendly-Parking" either (street parking !!).
Do you have a contact we can approach for maybe a block booking of cars/drivers, and what arrangements are in place for AMOC at the Concours?
This could turn out to be a great trip. Thanks for your input.
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Dobbie,

I am on the case and will report back when I have hotel recommendations.

I once stayed at Domaine de Divonne which is about 15 mins away from Coppet, just across the French border: http://www.domainedivonne.com/en/ 

It was good and worth a look whilst we await the formal recommendations.

Jamie
Jamie A.
Area 00
Quote 0 0