MPD
The 2015 Concours of Elegance will take place from 4-6 September at the Palace of Holyrood House in Edinburgh.

Her Majesty The Queen has graciously granted her permission for the Concours to be held at her official residence in Scotland, uniquely marking the fourth consecutive year this award-winning event has been held at a Royal venue. The Concours of Elegance began at Windsor Castle in 2012, where you will recall we lined the Long Walk with Aston Martins.

The Holyroodhouse Concours of Elegance will bring together 60 of the rarest cars from around the world – many of which have never been seen before in the UK. Many of these 60 cars will complete a driving tour of Scotland on 2-3 September, in the days running up to the main Concours event.

Uniquely, the Concours of Elegance winner isn’t selected by a panel of judges but by the owners of the cars themselves. Each participant is asked to vote on the other models on display to decide which car is considered to be the most elegant.

Complementing the Concours of Elegance event will be displays of hundreds of other fine motor cars, including entrants to the Club Trophy. Now in its second year, the Club Trophy sees some of the UK’s most prestigious car clubs offering up their finest examples to an independent panel of judges. The winning Club Trophy car will secure a place in the 2016 Concours of Elegance. If you would like to be considered to represent the Club, please advise me at concours@amoc.org.

Admission tickets for the 2015 Concours of Elegance are available on the Concours of Elegance website or directly through the organiser Iain Campbell at iain@thoroughevents.co.uk, mentioning that you are an AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
MPD
The closing date for anyone who wants to enter the Club Trophy at Holyrood is tomorrow. It's completely free and you only have to be there on the Saturday the 5th September.

Now in its second year, the Club Trophy sees some of the UK’s most prestigious car clubs offering up their finest examples to an independent panel of judges. The winning Club Trophy car will secure a place in the 2016 Concours of Elegance.

If you wish to enter, please let me know by tomorrow.
Quote 0 0
MPD
What a superb event this was....and the weather was excellent too.

Quote 0 0
MPD
David Eyles was one of the 60 selected cars for the Concours or Elegance with 2 VEV.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Beautiful 
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
IanV12VR wrote:

Beautiful 

+1, Was HRH Prince Charles Volante there by any chance?? or is it always tucked away??
Quote 0 0
MPD
v12 volante man wrote:

+1, Was HRH Prince Charles Volante there by any chance?? or is it always tucked away??

It was't there this time. He doesn't like lending it to just anyone you know
Quote 0 0
asington
I have just returned from visiting the Holyrioodhouse Event and I was terribly disappointed with the lack of AML support and others. Bentley and Jaguar were there and if I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was primarily a Ferrari event. This mustn't happen again - we should get AML involved in this prestigeous event and support it ourselves too. My DB7 Volante was looking splendid even after a drive there of 250 fast miles but I wasn't authorised to take it into the grounds. It was considerably better presented than some of the cars there!
Quote 0 0
MPD
asington wrote:

I have just returned from visiting the Holyrioodhouse Event and I was terribly disappointed with the lack of AML support and others. Bentley and Jaguar were there and if I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was primarily a Ferrari event. This mustn't happen again - we should get AML involved in this prestigeous event and support it ourselves too. My DB7 Volante was looking splendid even after a drive there of 250 fast miles but I wasn't authorised to take it into the grounds. It was considerably better presented than some of the cars there!

Hello asington, I promoted this on the Forum, website and there has been an editorial on this event in the AM News for the past few months, alerting members.

Three cars requested to represent the Club for the Club Trophy, for which I thank them. I too was very disappointed at the take-up on this, as the event was excellent. I suspect it was because it was so far North.

Next year, The Concours of Elegance returns to Windsor Castle in Celebration of Her Majesty's 90th Birthday. I'm keen to create a display of 90 cars for 90 years on the Long Walk up to the Castle.

I am sure the response to this will be excellent, as it is a more southerly event.

Sorry I missed you up there, thought I had touched base with everyone from the Club.

Quote 0 0
John Purser

lack of AML support and others. Bentley and Jaguar were there and if I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was primarily a Ferrari event.

I am sure that would be a commercial decision to support/not support Edinburgh. AML had a big presence at Salon Prive, Blenheim this last weekend.

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Can I be the first (maybe) to offer a car to be one of the 90 display next year 😀
Quote 0 0
asington
..... and I will be the 2nd - PLEASE! Incidentally, I was at Holyroodhouse yesterday and not Saturday so I missed Ian Callum and Sir Jackie Stewart. I had spoken to Mark and offered my car but apparently there were others which better met the brief, but from what I saw on Sunday, they didn't turn up! My DB7 Volante is pretty good and since the Spring Concours, has had everything dealt-with that the Judges disliked, so hopefully I will be selected to represent the Club in future.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
And representing the older end of the range may I offer my DB MkIII to represent the Feltham era. Must say it polished up pretty well for the Aston timeline at the Hampton Court Concours in 2013
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
philmw
asington wrote:

..... and I will be the 2nd - PLEASE! Incidentally, I was at Holyroodhouse yesterday and not Saturday so I missed Ian Callum and Sir Jackie Stewart. I had spoken to Mark and offered my car but apparently there were others which better met the brief, but from what I saw on Sunday, they didn't turn up! My DB7 Volante is pretty good and since the Spring Concours, has had everything dealt-with that the Judges disliked, so hopefully I will be selected to represent the Club in future.

Club Trophy was Saturday only I believe.
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Three cars requested to represent the Club for the Club Trophy, for which I thank them. I too was very disappointed at the take-up on this, as the event was excellent. I suspect it was because it was so far North.

Next year, The Concours of Elegance returns to Windsor Castle in Celebration of Her Majesty's 90th Birthday. I'm keen to create a display of 90 cars for 90 years on the Long Walk up to the Castle.

I am sure the response to this will be excellent, as it is a more southerly event.

I don't think the problem was necessarily to do with it being in the north - it also conflicted with several other motoring events up here.

I stay in Edinburgh most of the time and our Vanquish is garaged only a couple of miles from Holyrood.  The car was concours ready and I would have loved to enter it but unfortunately like quite a few other Aston owners from the area we had already committed to a supercar road trip up the west coast.  If I had heard about the concours first I would have entered that instead.

Never mind - I keep my Vantage in the south so hopefully we can do the Windsor one again next year!

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Mark, Her Majesty said she would like to see some RED Astons at her castle next year - to match her robes.

So I recommend you enlist a very rare Torro Red DB9 Volante for your display. By then, mine will also have the red carpets that Her Royal Highness should be provided with.😉🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧👍

Lord Rowley.

P.s.
And the DB9 MUST be the most appropriate model to honour her, as I believe it is the only one that represents the number of decades of her reign.😉
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
P.s.
And I think Mr Assington's DB7 should be included too, because it is BUCKINGHAM Green !

And is GORGEOUS. 😻
L.R.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Mine is Regal Red...

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Ours is Blue - don't think you can miss it    (or if you don't want that one we could provide a lovely silver one).
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Mark - what date for Windsor please
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
MPD
No dates yet, but suspect the first weekend of September.

There is some negotiation to do yet with the organisers, but as soon as it's confirmed, I'll start a new thread on here, as an invitation to members to attend.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
IanV12VR wrote:

Can I be the first (maybe) to offer a car to be one of the 90 display next year 😀

+1 and i'll be the second!!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
v12 volante man wrote:

Sorry Andrew, 3rd!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
v12 volante man wrote:

Sorry Andrew, 3rd!!!! LOL

Sorry Rich5ltr, the 4th!!! LOL, Mine has RED calipers and red other bits so that should be ok your Lordship!!!!. LOL
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
v12 volante man wrote:

So will you be joining the club then Brendan? You know it makes sense...  

Quote 0 0