pjmnppg
Just a few photos from the event this past weekend. Over 500 cars were present, including 13 Astons, in the magnificent setting of Culzean Castle.

The Astons ranged from the 1935 team car - LM 19 - to a 2007 V8 Vantage Roadster.

More photos soon in the Area 19 section and hopefully a full report in a future AM Quarterly

Quote 0 0
Tim M
Thanks Peter, great pics--one of you coming up shortly. 
We always dress like that (of course)!
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB

Bell bottoms?  Never thought of you as a hippy in disguise, Tim.  Unless changes in fashion trends haven't made it up to your remote village yet.  ;D
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I was lucky enough to be a teenager in the 60s and it was great fun 'flares ' and all--unfortunately I hadn't got anything that would do the 'biz' so had to resort to the Arthur Daley look ( I got married in that suit 34 years ago and I can still do up the buttons!!!). 
The Frogeye Sprite was a wonderful surprise, as this was the actual car that I bought in about 1979. I did a lot of work on it but it was pretty dodgy when I got rid of it in 1982.
Quote 0 0
pjmnppg
Neil said he enjoyed the look of sheer panic on my face as I set off in the 15/98. First time driving a pre-war car and had to use Jim's jacket as padding as the seat did not move forward. Real edge of the seat driving  , but great fun.
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
I don't think they were my exact words..........
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I can confirm that Neil wasn't lost for words. 
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
Quite. It wasn't his face I was worried about.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Some great costumes there! Was it specifically a 60's theme?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Tim M
No. The request was that you wear clothing appropriate to your car's age.
As mine is a 2000 DB7V I reckoned that would be a bit boring so we decided to go retro. Most of those that joined in the fun were 60's and 70's but there were some from the 50's ( one lady had a couple of dead foxes draped round her neck--like they did!!).
I was at Goodwood Revival last year so knew what they were aiming at.
Autoclassica is aiming to be the 'Goodwood' of Scotland---it was really good  BUT it has a long way to go to get even close.
It is, however, a great show of fantastic cars but at the moment Alford's Motorvation just has the edge.
Quote 0 0
pjmnppg
I agree with Tim - there were a few bits that require some work -the three hour gap between the end of activities on Saturday and the hog roast on Saturday is one that comes to mind (especially as the rain co-incided with the end of the activities).

Apart froma trial run last year this was the first time the event had been held, but they still managed 650 cars entered on the Sunday. It needs a bit more input from either manufacturers or dealers - the only ones present this year were the local Ferrari dealers. Hopefully AML will get involved in some way next year.

I'm not sure which era this couple are from 

Quote 0 0
Tim M
Re Peter's Photo---anybody know anything about this?
It looked like an old Austin 7 but was covered in Bentley badges and a plaque saying it was made by Bentley Apprentices in 1934.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
An excellent article by Peter in the latest AM Quarterly and the show will be back this year on '28th to 30th August 2009'
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
Tim M wrote:

An excellent article by Peter in the latest AM Quarterly and the show will be back this year on '28th to 30th August 2009'
.......unfortunately spoilt by one particular photograph........
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Green with envy Neil ? 
Quote 0 0